- Passionate about esthetic excellence and exceptional versatility in design?
- Thrilled about playing a key role in Kvadrat Soft Cells North American growth journey?
- Excited about being part of a 50+ year-old innovative Danish technology company with a global footprint, unique and beautiful solutions, and ambitious goals?
- Great at building market success with your ability to drive business development and sales excellence?
Our client, Kvadrat Soft Cells, is seeking an experienced and very forward-thinking Regional Sales Manager to help grow its business in North America. Kvadrat was founded in Denmark in 1968 and has deep roots in Scandinavia’s world-famous design tradition producing high-performing, design textiles, rugs, acoustics, and window covering solutions for commercial and residential interiors. Clients include AmorePacific, Tottenham Spurs Stadium, Galeries Lafayette, Cleveland Clinic, The Royal Danish Library, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Rolls-Royce, West Bund Museum, and Microsoft…to name a few. It’s an ambitious, fast-growing company that takes great pride in pushing the boundaries of high-quality textiles through design and innovation developing products that enrich people’s lives. For more information and inspiration, watch the “This is not a Square video” and visit Kvadrat-the Global Design Textile Company.
About the Role
As Regional Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving market growth for Kvadrat Soft Cells with an initial focus on New York City, where the company is setting up a new Show Room. You’ll responsible for all business development, marketing- and sales related activities within your US East coast territory. We expect you to be comfortable navigating among top interior architects and general contractors, bringing your Can-Do, innovative business development approach along with a strong track record in technical solution selling. Your ability to identify opportunities, maintain a pipeline of qualified leads and build long-term customer relationships at all organizational levels will be keys to your success. The right candidate will be comfortable in a small, entrepreneurial, flat, and very collaborative team environment where communication is key. This position is based in the New York City area and reports directly to the Director Acoustic USA at the Danish HQ. Travel of up to 20% of the time is to be expected, mostly domestic, some international.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Sales, Marketing and Business Development
- Develop and implement business development plans and sales strategy together with the leadership team
- Build and cultivate Kvadrat’s client portfolio of top interior architects, GCs as well as projects specified in NYC and delivered globally
- Meet or exceed sales targets based on key performance metrics
- Strengthen and expand relationships with contractors, PM’s, QS’s and end-users with laser focus on high value projects throughout the region.
- Collaborate with Kvadrat Acoustic colleagues to jointly close global projects
- Be an expert on Kvadrat Soft Cells’ products and function as a technical advisor; educating and supporting key customers and prospects with the data and information needed to provide the best possible solution.
- Liaise with the marketing and product development teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Provide timely and accurate proposals including information on pricing, delivery, terms, and conditions of sales.
- Continuously research and assess market data to identify new opportunities, new product offerings, and pinpoint problems
- Drive implementation of Kvadrat Soft Cells strategy/Play Book together with the NYC team
- Track and record all customer and prospect interactions and provide monthly reports on sales figures, invoicing, and portfolio numbers.
- Participate in management meetings with Kvadrat Inc.
- Actively engage with other regional managers and contribute to the Global Business team on strategic topics effecting Soft Cells business.
- Execute strategic tasks as agreed with management group
- Pro-actively participate in the management group contributing to delivering on global goals for Soft Cells
Project Management & Operations
- Support the Project Management team, ensuring projects are delivered on time and with the highest standards
- Conduct monthly reviews on purchases and installation costs
- Attend contractor director meetings for updates on projects and conduct team performance reviews
Your Work Experience & Education:
- BA or BS Degree (preferred)
- Min 7 years of construction contracting industry experience working with high end projects and clients.
- Experience selling to interior architects and GCs is a huge plus.
- Demonstrated ability of effectively navigating to and communicating with key decision makers to close sales.
- Experience negotiating and understanding complex contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including CRM.
- Knowledge of various business functions & operations
- Experience from working in a multi-cultural, international company is a plus.
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- A true team player; motivated by being part of a non-hierarchical, high pace, innovative and ambitious company
- High integrity, accuracy and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in best possible performance
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross functionally internally as well as externally.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Solid customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Analytical with an affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- High energy, drive, and self-motivation.
- Pragmatic—you get things done.
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach.
What We Offer
- An excellent team-focused work environment with visibility for your efforts along with professional growth opportunities.
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing international company.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.