Our client, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia for their U.S. operations, is a privately owned Italian company with great international success! The company’s customized solutions satisfy any requirement within the packaging industry for liquid filling. The vision of the company is to deliver state-of-the-art packaging machinery and innovative solutions by constantly investing in R&D and employee development, while offering a strong commitment to production processes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Our client is continually striving for growth and success which includes a special dedication to maintaining a strong and positive workforce.
The position’s primary goal is to manage a growing team of field support engineers in order to better serve customers (Fortune 500) and exceed their expectations. The ideal candidate should have either a HVAC or Electrical background with experience in the field and in managing a group of field service techs. Moreover, to be successful in this position you are a people-person who is able to understand how to motivate and coach each team member, meanwhile maintaining customers satisfied.
You are an excellent communicator, able to train new and current engineers and make them easily grasp new concepts. Your exceptional communication skills will help you identify issues with the installed machinery and decide how to take action. Your extensive experience will allow you to improve the company’s current process (identification of technical issue, database update, sequence of actions to perform, follow up, etc.). Other relevant tasks are:
- Respond to the customer service support requests, determine whether such a request is included within the contract or is billable as a new contract. Create the customer support proposal and share it with the customer and the company’s management.
- Receive the PO from the customer, making sure the customer is in good standing and up to date with the payments, liaison with Accounting/Sales for unpaid invoices before supporting the customer.
- Maintain the service schedule online planning calendar and share it with the customers.
- Effectively communicate the customer support project scope to the Field Service Engineers that will support such a project.
- Review the service reports/expense reports and approve it or capture any open issues.
- Update the open issue reports status and share it in the cloud server.
- Monitor repeat replacement parts orders in liaison with the Parts Department, also address any potential issue with the customer.
- Maintain the service engineers’ safety training and certifications as well as the software training programs.
- Maintain the OSHA 200 reporting.
- BS in Electrical, Electro-mechanical or Mechanical Engineering degree or at least 5 to 10 years of experience in similar roles is required.
- Extensive experience in managing the whole service management process in a growing company, modifying and adapting it to the contingent situations as well as designing it to support the company growth.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and contracts. Ability to write professional reports, business correspondence, prepare charts/graphs and present them.
- Proficiency to use Microsoft Office suite to prepare and maintain various documents, graphs, and reports.
- Must be flexible to constant change and well-organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize; exceptional attention to details.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (Italy.)
- International experience is a big plus.