- Looking for a great career opportunity with a global industry-leading company?
- A professional with leadership experience over maintenance departments and do you feel energized by a high-growth manufacturing environment?
Our client, YKK-AP, a global leading company in the building and construction industry, is seeking a Maintenance Manager, Facilities & Engineering to support the company’s manufacturing location in Dublin, GA. The company is known for high-profile projects such as its work on the 9/11 memorial site in New York City, as well as its products for the commercial and residential building market.
This is an onsite position and not open for hybrid or remote. We are open for relocation candidates to sunny South-Georgia and sign-on bonus may be available to cover some relocation expenses.
As the plant maintenance manager you will oversee the maintenance and repair of the Dublin Manufacturing Facility and all related facilities and equipment. You will manage a team of 20, and are responsible for the implementation of the plant’s Maintenance and Reliability Programs. Furthermore you identify those items which need improvement or additional work and you work with the plant operating personnel to ensure plant facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition at all times.
- Implementing a maintenance program with emphasis on work planning, scheduling and execution and preventive and predictive maintenance task completion.
- Overseeing the activities of maintenance personnel (20+) in performing maintenance and repair activities.
- Providing task lists and schedules for plant maintenance and contract personnel for normal operating periods, planned outage periods, and forced outage situations.
- Leading the assessment, people scheduling, parts and service acquisition and management of all emergency and break-in work.
- Developing and maintaining the plant’s Maintenance procedures and manuals are ensuring they are properly filed and kept up-to-date.
- Supporting and maintaining the plant’s safety procedures and goals. Promoting and driving safety compliance within the maintenance team.
- Sustaining the morale and motivation of maintenance personnel and handling employee issues as they arise.
- Coordinating with the location’s screening and hiring of maintenance personnel, and the on-boarding, training, equipping and motivating of the maintenance team.
- Participating in the creation of plant’s maintenance and reliability budgets.
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Management experience to include at least seven (7) years of maintenance / engineering experience.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements for plant operation and environmental monitoring.
- Effective management and leadership skills and working knowledge of organization, financial, and administrative principles obtained through specialized classes and OJT.
- Capability to coordinate with site host procurement in administration or third party contracted services and various subcontracts.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and operations planning. Working knowledge of planning and scheduling processes, computerized maintenance management systems and related maintenance recordkeeping.
Skills, Traits & Style
- Strong technical background. (preferably PLC/Omron and Hydraulics)
- Change agent mentality.
- Managerial courage.
- Process Management skills.
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. Including a potential sign-on bonus for relocation candidates.
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and very successful industry-leading company with a global footprint.
As the North American arm of the global YKK AP group of companies, YKK AP America is a technology-oriented manufacturer of commercial facade systems and residential doors and windows. With every finished good, we push the boundaries in next-generation manufacturing. With every architectural application, we create new value. Combined with our close customer connections, this forward-thinking approach enables us to offer the latest in comfort and energy conservation for a more sustainable society. Our subsidiary brand, Erie Architectural Products, partners with glazing contractors to design, test, and engineer building envelope solutions for large-scale projects using its ENVIRO|FACADES curtain wall systems.