For our client Fluidda, I am looking for a Business Development Manager for their offices in Los Angeles. This is a position with growth potential in a fast growing, innovative, high-tech biomedical company with highly motivated colleagues.
As Business Development Manager, you will be given an assigned territory and key responsibilities include maintaining, developing and executing sales in cooperation with your team. The successful candidate has business to business sales experience in the pharma or medical field for at least 3 years and has very strong communication and closing skills.
This position reports to the COO in Belgium and works closely with the CEO based in Los Angeles.
FLUIDDA was founded in 2005 and is, headquartered in Belgium, with subsudiaries in the US, Portugal and India. They are the world leader in the field of Functional Respiratory Imaging (FRI) research and development. The company’s proprietary innovative FRI technology offers pharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers a unique entry point into personalized medicine for patients suffering from respiratory diseases and sleep-related breathing disorders. Implementation of FRI in the clinical practice creates significant added value to the current healthcare standard in the respiratory field. Fluidda developed its novel FRI technology in house and is now expanding its commercial portfolio. The company is fast-growing with US offices in New York and Los Angeles, and therefore is currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team in Los Angeles. More info on the company can be found online: www.fluidda.com.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of (potential) customer needs and requirements.
- Identify new potential clients in Pharma and drive new business growth in this targeted sector.
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions (in solid collaboration with the company’s pre-sales and marketing team) that meet their needs.
- Responsible for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channel.
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business.
- Be the link of communication between the customer and internal teams.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a medical/pharma/science field.
- Previous business to business experience (3 to 5 years) in Account Management or Territory Sales in Medical/Science field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute tactical sales plans.
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Work independently and as a team player.
- Ability in problem-solving and negotiation.
- Superb verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, hands-on, self-assured professional.
- Fluent in English and knowledge of German/French/Italian/Spanish is a plus.
- Able to travel between 40 and 50%.
Fluidda offers a competitive salary and supplementary benefits in accordance with the required level of experience.