Our client is a manufacturer of outdoors gear like axes and knives but also precision stock and chassis. Woox was born as a spin-off of its parent company the Minelli Group, one of the most renowned makers of premium custom-made wood components. Based in Hickory, NC, Woox offers high-quality products at a competitive price and although using natural resources they do so sustainably. They purchase their wood only from certified reforesters, recyclers, and repurposes partners.
If you have an entrepreneurial personality, like a challenge, believe in sustainability, are passionate about promoting quality products, Woox may be the place for you! You have previous experience managing teams, budgets and a strong understanding of marketing and communication campaigns. You are creative, you like to wear different hats, and have solid experience growing a brand and delivering results. A sales background is important too.
Objectives of this role
- Overseeing daily business operations in the U.S. Mentor, guide and motivate employees
- Manage budgets
- Plan and execute marketing and communication programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration with external agencies to establish and maintain brand presence in the market
- Be responsible for directing the business team to create and implement effective go to market strategies for new and existing products
- Lead the growth of ecommerce channel, create and develop an online and social media presence and improve and manage the website
Skills and Qualifications
- 5y+ experience in a managerial role, leading Sales or Marketing teams in a small or mid-size company, start-up, or BU.
- Background in consumer goods sales, retail, or e-commerce (Outdoor Industry a huge plus)
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to motivate employees while holding them accountable
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
- Previous performance evaluation experience and working knowledge of human resources process a plus.