This is an exciting opportunity for a well-versed supply chain management professional to manage warehouse and logistics processes in an international environment.
As the Warehouse Manager you will be given the opportunity to manage and improve the warehouse and logistic processes including shipping, receiving, RMA’s, safety, equipment as well as inventory control operations. Under supervision of the VP of Operations, you will play a key role in the company and succeed with your in-depth knowledge of logistics processes utilizing ERP modules and your ability to resolve complex issues with minimum supervision. Your strong process and procedure mindset and service attitude will be an immense asset, allowing you to interface with customers and different departments.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare annual counts and control inventory levels by conducting recurring spot counts and reconciling with data storage system.
- Recruiting, training, orienting, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining staff.
- Evaluate staff for reviews and manage paid time off of warehouse personnel.
- Develop, oversee implementation and control observance of company policies and procedures.
- Complete warehouse operation requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met. Train staff and monitor their performance and progress.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders and consumption reports as well as demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Additional job duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of warehouse management and logistics experience.
- Substantial experience with 3PL and associated warehouse management systems.
- Ability to resolve complex issues with minimum supervision, and coordinate activities with other departments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take corrective actions or escalate issues to appropriate departments.
- Ability to prioritize incoming requests based on sales and customer needs.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and Sage ERP 100.
- Strong customer service and retention skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all customers and departments.
- Excellent organizational skills.