On behalf of our client, Mauser Packaging Solutions, we are currently seeking a VP Regional Sales for their Large Packaging division in North America. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, well-versed and pragmatic sales leader with extensive industrial B2B experience, preferably in the packaging industry. The position can be home based as long it’s relatively close to a major airport.
Our client is a worldwide leading provider of industrial packaging solutions for the chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and food & beverage industry. The company brings unparalleled packaging performance and innovation to redefine sustainability for customers. From new packaging made from recycled content, to reconditioning, reuse, recycling and professional disposal, they provide customized solutions that have a positive impact on businesses and the planet, bringing true sustainability at scale to companies all over the world.
Company website: https://www.mauserpackaging.com/
In the role of the VP Regional Sales NA, you will report to the VP, Sales & Marketing for North America LPS, and will be a key member of the Sales Leadership Team responsible for all regional sales leadership activities across North America and will also include some Global Customer interaction. The position will lead the Local and Regional Account Sales team to deliver the sales vision & strategy, providing guidance to ensure the required business growth. This role requires excellent communication and relationship building skills as well as keen business acumen. The position will lead and coach three Regional Sales Managers and have a sales organization of approx. 15-20 Sales Representatives. Travel up to 50% of working time, primarily in North America.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Prioritize business/sales objectives and manage pipeline to deliver maximum growth that is aligned with the strategic objectives and regional sales plan.
- Push value creation through pricing excellence across all business divisions.
- Facilitate and role model One Company collaboration/transparency with reconditioning services and all rigid packaging business units
- Continually improve sales and customer related processes that deliver value creation and performance.
- Demonstrate Sales leadership by inspiring, motivating, and driving high performance amongst team members.
- Continually strengthen the regional team through effective people selection, integration, training and development.
- Participate in aligning sales behaviors and business objectives to the Sales Incentive Plans across Mauser Large Packaging.
- Mentor, lead & participate in presentations, negotiations, sales meetings, and trade shows with key external & internal stakeholders.
- Assist in development of annual sales budget and divisional budgets.
- Work collaboratively within the manufacturing organization and other internal stakeholders, providing input and feedback regarding pricing strategy, category management and marketing strategy.
- Sustain and develop prospects, opportunity pipelines and accurate forecasting.
- Maintain trusted customer relationships, championing their needs through active contribution to the business plan of product launches and capacity increases.
- Own and execute customer contract negotiations.
- Identify and communicate customer needs, market opportunities, competitive threats, and buyer behavior trends and develop recommended actions to drive growth in the region.
- Excellent competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits.
- Great career opportunity with growing international company, an industry leader.
- Flexibility in working from home.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or Masters preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years Sales experience with 5-7 years Sales Leadership experience.
- B2B industrial sales experience with-in agrochemical, chemical, food/beverage, petrochemical or pharma and a proven record of accomplishment of success in this area. Experience in packaging industry peferred.
- Experience utilizing a CRM, preferable Salesforce.
- Experience in hiring, deploying sales talent and the ability to coach, develop and motivate.
- Ability to manage sales momentum throughout the sales process and to establish and execute an effective sales operating system.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Effective team-player possessing team-based problem solving skills.
- Results-oriented mindset, focused on the execution of goals.
- Ability to meet deadlines, delivering high-quality, on-time and in-scope results within allocated budget.
- Capacity to translate ideas and concepts succinctly; including technical issues.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen.
- Be willing to travel approximately 50% of working time.