Do you love leading a team, are you a gifted communicator, and change agent? If so, our client is looking for a VP of Operations to lead and shape a fantastic work environment and culture! You will work out of the Illinois location and frequently travel to the NJ facility, reporting directly to the CEO.
Would you like to work for a growing, healthy, natural, good for you, entrepreneurial based company, where you can make a difference by growing with them? Leading the way with natural, organic, and non-GMO flavors and ingredients has been their mission since day one. They make sweet and savory food flavors to be used in some of the most popular food brands today.
Now it is your turn to join! Become our client’s new VP of Operations!
- Track record of 5-10 years excellent performance managing operations or a related field in a flavoring/ingredient environment.
- A true leader who can create and shape a positive culture amongst the team.
- Oversee day-to-day company operations for both locations with the support of the local operational teams.
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills.
- Gifted communicator who can adapt to all situations, audiences and has a good sense of humor.
- Is comfortable holding people accountable when needed but is even better at preventing that situation.
- Proactive thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to prioritize, analyze, plan and delegate.
- Proficiency in ERP systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel). Experience with Sage X3 (ERP system) highly desired.
- Interview, hire, train, and mentor the operations management team.
- Multi-team/location management experience.
- Project management experience with capital expenditures.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, engineering or a related field.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
- Spray drying of flavors experience needed.
- Prior engineering background highly desired.
- Tech savvy.
Remuneration & Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, they offer a fun, entrepreneurial spirited, collaborative team environment. They offer a fantastic comp package including a very generous base salary, bonus and amazing benefit package, with 401(k) match and a profit sharing plan!