Great career opportunity for a well-versed senior sales professional with excellent leadership skills and a strong background in electric, mechanical, controls systems, and emission regulations.
For further growth and continued success within the company, the Vice President of Sales will be given the opportunity to support, develop, and manage new projects in the markets as well as to monitor and analyze sales activity targeted towards existing clients. The candidate, under the direction of the President of the company, will provide leadership and coordination of company sales and product development function which includes the development and implementation of new sales strategies. You will be successful in this key position with your outstanding leadership, mentoring, team building, documentation, negotiation and communication skills, along with your excellent project management and engineering skills in order to fulfill the highest standard of customer expectation and internal targets. The company provides an independent and reliable working atmosphere within a small team.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and oversee the company sales function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Develop and recommend product positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Supervise the planning and development of company marketing, communications and sales materials as well as the preparation, issuance, and delivery of exhibits, and promotion programs.
With over 30 years of company history, Hug Engineering is a leading international manufacturer in the development, manufacture, and production of exhaust after-treatment systems for high horse power engines to meet the global demand for cleaner air. Since March 2018 part of Faurecia Clean Mobility for emission control for high horsepower engines, the company offers a diverse product range for a large variety of applications and allows their customer to meet the most stringent emission requirements. The product markets include systems for any type of on-road and off-road heavy duty diesel equipment, power generation, gas compression, marine vessels, yachts, offshore rigs and locomotives.
The North American headquarters covering all aspects of sales and service are currently located in Buford, GA with almost 20 employees. The company is going through an expansion and will most likely move to a different location in the same area in 2019.
- Master’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of ten years related experience in a senior-level sales and/or marketing position with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Minimum of five years related experience in exhaust treatment and purification industry.
- Strong background in electric, mechanical, and controls systems, emission regulations, and an in-depth knowledge of SCR and DPF systems for large horsepower engines (NG and diesel).
- Familiarity with EPA and CARB emissions regulatory standards and working knowledge of SCR and related control systems operation helpful.
- Fluency in English a Must, Spanish desired
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may require activity on evenings and weekends.