- Great at building market success with your passion for sales leadership?
- Excited to be part of an award-winning leading global software developer for people who design spaces?
- Hungry to always find a better way of doing things?
Our client, Configura, is seeking a highly motivated and forward-thinking Vice President of Sales to lead and execute the company’s global sales strategy. Founded in 1990 in Sweden, Configura creates software solutions that help businesses and people around the globe design spaces and sell configurable products in the commercial interiors, material handling, and kitchen and bath industries. Configura’s software products include CET Commercial Interiors, CET Material Handling, CET Kitchen & Bath, Design Studio, and Stage. Headquartered in Linköping, Sweden, Configura has six offices with commercial operations in Grand Rapids, MI, and Cincinnati, OH, United States; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Shenzhen, China; Tokyo, Japan; and Berlin, Germany. Today, designers in over 50 countries including some of the biggest manufacturers in the industry rely on Configura’s software to design spaces, improve efficiency, and enhance creativity and sustainable business practices. Configura is privately owned with over 250 employees worldwide and annual sales of more than $23 million USD. For more info and inspiration visit Configura and check out this video.
About the Position
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic sales leader to be part of Configura’s continued global expansion. As VP of Sales, you will be responsible for growing Configura’s recurring product revenue by leading and executing its global sales strategy. The candidate we are seeking needs to be passionate about sales management and have a deep understanding of how to use marketing to drive lead generation and support key account development. With your solid track record in complex solutions sales and driven business acumen, you understand market opportunities and can translate them into actionable sales plans. You will lead from the front, empowering, motivating, and developing your commercial team. To be successful in this role you need to excel at stakeholder management and enjoy cross-divisional collaboration in a global setting. You’ll be part of a company that’s very proud of its humble Swedish roots and business culture of genuine care for and investments in its employees. This position will lead a team consisting of c the Heads of Sales per Industry and Customer Accounts. You’ll be a member of the Executive Management Team and report to the CEO. Ideally, this position will be based at the company’s US HQ in Grand Rapids, MI. Remote set-up will be taken into consideration with the expectations that you’ll spend significant time at the US offices. Travel of at 30-50% is to be expected, domestic and international.
What you’ll be doing more specifically
- Lead and develop the Sales team to enable profitable growth and sustainable business development by providing leadership, accountability, and support
- Define and implement effective sales initiatives, aligned with the global strategy and annual sales targets, and ensure that goals are communicated cross-divisionally
- Analyze sales- and marketing processes and operations strategies and develop and implement improvements to achieve financial accountability that drives sustainable results
- Ensure that the sales team meets or exceeds annual targets based on key performance metrics. Deliver monthly status and forecast reports.
- Inspire and motivate your team to increase the company’s market share by optimizing efficiency and productivity across all sales and marketing processes
- Research and identify market opportunities, develop, and implement strategic growth plans for new key account customer acquisition
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
What We Expect from You
Your Work Experience & Education
- 10+ years of experience in complex technical software solution selling or equivalent experience in the Material Handling or Commercial Interior industry. Must have a proven track record in developing global sales organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration, or related discipline. MBA is a plus
- Solid experience in integrated sales & marketing solutions with a proven track record
- Experience in driving long sales cycles along with a demonstrated ability to effectively navigate to and communicate with key decision-makers to close sales.
- Experience negotiating and understanding complex contracts
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
- Experience from working in a multi-cultural, international company is a must
- Proficient in MS Office suite and CRM systems
- Ability to travel at least 100 days per year, domestically and internationally
Your Leadership Capabilities & Style:
Configura is a team that strives for collaboration excellence, so we expect you to be a team player who “leads by example” and does not have a big ego. One of your key strengths is supporting your team and making other people shine. You are clear and structured in your approach. You have experience in global sales organizations and a true appreciation for cross-cultural communication. Your outstanding communication skills enable you to quickly gain trust among internal and external stakeholders and build long-term business relationships.
What We Offer is More than Just a Job…
- An excellent fun and team-focused work environment where individuals truly make a difference
- A culture that welcomes questions, innovative ideas, strategic thinking, and continuous development
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing international company
- A competitive salary including healthcare insurance, short term disability, and life insurance, 401K, wellness program, paid parental leave, paid volunteer hours, flextime, Friday “Fika” and more