Our client Hermes Abrasives in Virginia Beach, VA, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of coated and bonded abrasives with global headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, and over 1,200 dedicated associates worldwide, has engaged us in the search for an enthusiastic Vice President of Finance. Hermes Abrasives is specialized in the manufacturing and sale of industrial coated and bonded abrasives solutions for applications requiring functional and/or aesthetic high-quality surfaces. Application and industry processing knowledge, plus detailed abrasives knowledge are the competitive advantages Hermes Abrasives delivers to the market.
In this compelling and exciting position, the VP of Finance will hold the highest position in finance and will have full ownership and accountability over the financial operations of the facility located in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Leading a current team of 2 employees, this position spans from setting the processes and standards for day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping, to treasury management, company-wide budgeting, cost accounting, and even strategic initiatives or performing analysis on new opportunities or capital structure.
The VP of Finance will be serving as the point of contact for auditors and tax accountants as well as tax authorities.
Your high-energy level, enthusiasm to participate in a dynamic team that strives for excellence and your passion for finance as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain processes for accounting operations, such as bookkeeping, A/R, and A/P
- Collecting and analyzing data about the company’s operational costs. Setting standard costs of manufactured goods. Developing and analyzing cost standards
- Create and maintain the company-wide budget and economic model
- Prepare and review executive-level finance reports on a monthly basis to be reported to our executive team and global leadership team
- Streamline and automate finance and accounting via numerous methods, such as software adoption and integration
- Rise above day-to-day operations to provide high-level strategic analysis from a financial perspective, such as debt structure, company policies, treasury management, profitability analysis, opportunity analysis, or other high-level strategic opportunities.
- Coordinate with HR from a compliance standpoint, such as payroll, policies, and benefits administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in finance or accounting
- CPA or other accounting certificate
- 5+ years’ experience in finance and accounting
- At least 2 years in a leadership position
- Focused on improving the skills, fulfillment, and abilities of your team
- Deep understanding of the wide-reaching implications of a good finance team and how they can impact the company positively
- Ability to dive into the details when needed, but also the ability to zoom out and help your team towards a bigger goal
- Knowledgeable in accounting and automation software, and know how to leverage and implement these to multiply your team’s efforts
- Able to bring new vision, innovation, and ideas
- Experience in a manufacturing setting/environment is plus