Our client, HOLMER, one of the world market leaders in the field of self-propelled sugar-beet harvesting machines has engaged us in the search for a Vice President of Finance for its North American headquarters in Ruth, MI.
HOLMER is an international brand with subsidiaries in France, Poland, the Czech Republic, Ukraine, Turkey and the USA as well as a representation in China. HOLMER was founded in 1969 in Eggmühl near Regensburg, Germany and the current team consists of 400 dedicated employees with HOLMER machines harvesting in over 40 countries worldwide.
HOLMER Americas specializes in the sales, service, product training as well as warehousing and spare parts distribution in North America. The North American headquarters is in Ruth, MI.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Vice President of Finance oversees the accounting department, IT and actively collaborates with other departments. The new hire will provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by preparing, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting of financial statements and KPIs in a timely manner, while ensuring the accuracy of the data. The VP Finance also helps further developing the direct financial link to HQ in a Business Intelligence System, implements, and maintains financial controls as well as process improvements, ROI and Product line calculations and the ability of managing the liquid assets of the organization.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for finance and accounting as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Leads and supervises the local accounting team with responsibility for accounts receivables, accounts payables, general ledger, fixed assets, and payment runs.
- Closely collaborates with the local operational management team to provide strong financial support, guidance, and operational improvements throughout the organization.
- Manages the core financial processes of monthly close, forecast updates and prepares reports for management and other stakeholders.
- Participates in review meetings and is an active sparring partner for senior management and other stakeholders.
- Ongoing monitoring of revenues, expenses, and preparation of variance reports.
- Responsible for the annual audit including the physical inventories and maintaining the accuracy in transactions for all inventory in close cooperation with the Auditors
- Oversees tax compliance and works with external consultants to manage federal and state income tax filings.
- Analyzes material cost, gross margins, and cost center/project spending’s; actively works with the management team on potential cost improvements.
- Assesses financial processes and financial controls, identifies improvement opportunities, and drives improvement efforts.
- Ensures compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
- Overseeing the HR Department
- Bachelor´s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- CPA/CMA and/or MBA designation preferable. Bachelor or Master’s in engineering possible/would be a plus
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and drivers of financial results. Technical Service related companies.
- 5 years+ experience in accounting, financial analysis and/or Controller position in an international environment.
- Strong working knowledge on budgeting, financial planning / analysis, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- HR experience needed.
- Experience with international financial consolidations and ideally have worked with/reported to functional colleagues in Germany/Europe. Expertise in IFRS in addition to US GAAP is required.
- Knowledge of local tax and transfer pricing.
- Experience with ERP system would be of significant value. Currently QuickBooks but the plan is to implement a more professional system
- Familiarity with business intelligence system would be a plus (QlikView)
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a keen business acumen; ability to develop and implement creative and proactive solutions to optimize financial performance.
- Self-starter and strong leader with a willingness to question existing policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple peer groups and levels of management.
- Hands-on and go getter attitude