Our client, Syncron, a high growth global tech company with its US HQ in Atlanta, GA, is seeking a progressive and forward-thinking US Employee Success Director to support its continued market growth and team performance. Syncron, which serves major international manufacturers, was founded on the idea that after-sales service acts as a significant source of competitive differentiation, revenue, profits and customer loyalty. Syncron’s ambition is to change an industry that has looked roughly the same for decades. With recent major investments the company is in an intensive growth phase where the business, organization and ways of working are all developing at a speed that it hasn’t experienced before. Thus, it is building a highly ambitious and innovative Employee Success Organization that can’t solely rely on tried-and-tested HR practices to succeed. This role, which is part of the Global Employee Success Management Team, reports directly to the Chief Employee Success Officer in Sweden. For more info and inspiration, take a look at this video and visit www.syncron.com
Big Picture Mission: Building Syncron’s US HR Function in a True Global Context
This is an opportunity to be a part of the future of an exciting, fast growing, profitable, pre-IPO, global company that’s enabling manufacturers around the world to capitalize on a major market disruption….and making something extraordinary happen. You will be Syncron’s first US Employee Success Manager where you will be responsible for the execution of the company’s people strategy in North America in collaboration with your colleagues in Sweden, UK, Poland and India. The initial focus will be on growth related activities such as recruitment and building HR functions based on local and global needs. The US organization today consists of about 55 employees with offices in Atlanta and Chicago and a few remotely based employees. Three of Syncron’s C-Levels are based in the US which means you will liaise with some of the company’s most senior leaders in its global organization.
Every-Day Mission: Combining HR Operations with HR Strategy
You will be managing the day-to-day HR activities, providing HR support for managers and employees on all levels, ensuring best possible performance and business partnering. We expect you to proactively seek new ways to improve all Human Relations matters in US as well as create an environment where innovative and passionate people can be at their very best. You will need to balance strategic and operative tasks on all levels and be good at prioritizing your days using your own business judgement on where you’re needed the most.
- Develop, Communicate and Implement company policies and procedures designed to improve productivity, engagement, business results and a healthy and safe work environment.
- Attract, develop and retain talent by driving and creating initiatives that empower employees to become the best they can be at their craft. This includes developing on-boarding programs, conducting engagement surveys and turning these into action plans, performance management, suggesting training and development initiatives, leading professional development workshops, succession planning and more
- Oversee and manage employer branding activities
- Drive and strengthen the company culture by being an inspiring champion and role model
- Guide, coach, mentor and advise management team on HR matters and leadership development
- Provide support to employees in various HR related matters including leave of absence, compensation and resolving matters within those areas.
- Payroll & Administration. Support the Global US team in managing HR Administration and ensure payroll and health benefits are successfully delivered.
- Manage Employee Relations
- Advise leaders as needed on human resource matters
- Support and encourage employee engagement
- Stay current with local employment laws and regulations and ensure company compliance as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Looks Matter: Oversee office environment ensuring that the company’s physical office upholds its brand, culture and experience for everyone who works at or visits the company
Work Experience & Education We Expect from You
- Minimum of 5 years of successful, innovative and hands-on value-based HR experience in a fast-paced growth environment including building and driving culture
- Experience in talent acquisition
- Experience in driving change by developing training workshops and facilitating new initiatives
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Law or related field
- Thorough understanding of US employment law, regulations and practices
- Experience in developing processes, setting up structures and best practice.
Nice to haves:
- Technology / Software company experience
- Experience in value-based HR
- Experience of working in a global company
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Superior stakeholder management skills (on all levels) with the ability to bounce between operational and strategic initiatives
- High integrity with the ability to instantly gain trust from managers and employees
- High energy along with a passion for delivering results
- International mindset and willingness to continuously improve ways of working
- Comfortable with using ROI assessments
- Outstanding English presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written. Other languages are a plus
- Creative, flexible, eager to learn and not afraid of trying new things
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate, coach and influence at all levels in an organization at the same time as being a team-player
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach along with outstanding prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Analytical, accurate and effective in operational tasks and project management
What We Offer You
- A competitive compensation package including health care benefits and 401 K Plan
- A creative, innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- A unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company where individuals truly make a difference.
- Personal and professional development in an international environment