- Excited to work for sustainability mobility with innovative electric vehicle charging solutions?
- Goal-oriented and do you feel energized when making a true difference?
Our client, Kempower, is seeking a driven Testing Engineer to support the company’s expansion into the US market where it will rapidly build a team and scale its operations to better serve current and future US-based customers. As Testing Engineer, you will perform final product tests, and develop testing methods and equipment together with the RDI department.
The ideal candidate is an energetic forward-thinking professional who enjoys a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. To be successful in this role you need a robust understanding of equipment testing, and strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. This position is based at Kempowers US HQ in Durham, NC.
- Assist the development team in diagnosing issues and support action plans to resolve said issues
- Test and analyze equipment, and propose necessary improvements
- Evaluate qualifications of new designs and changes to current designs by performing and documenting tests in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborate closely with the RDI team based out of Finland for overall continued development
- Promote a supportive work environment that upholds Kempower’s values of Together, Impact, Integrity, and Courage
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years of experience in electrical testing
- Strong knowledge of high and low-voltage electronics
- Experience with equipment testing and a robust understanding of programming fundamentals is a big plus
- Experience in automotive manufacturing processes is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, and system-design platforms such as Labview
Skills, Traits & Style
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Affinity to problem-solving, time-management, and multi-tasking
- Team-focused mindset, with great communication and cooperation skills
- A hands-on, open-minded, versatile, enthusiastic can-do attitude while embracing continuous learning
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of the fast-charging industry, and influence the future of electric transportation
- An open and flexible work culture where everyone’s voices are heard
Kempower is an electric vehicle DC (Level 3) Fast Charging company that designs and manufactures the best DC Fast Charging solutions and services for EVs all over the world. It is headquartered in Lahti, Finland, has a strong foothold in the Nordic countries and Europe, and is now expanding rapidly into the U.S. market.
The company primarily serves three segments: charge point operators, fleet operators, and OEMs. Kempower is best known for its user-friendly technology and dynamic and scalable power distribution: ONE Kempower power unit can provide power for up to EIGHT individual charging posts and can be adjusted to the needs of each vehicle.
Its unique charging management system, Kempower ChargEye™, is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, cloud-based system for charge point operators and retailers, bus and truck operators, and off-highway vehicle fleets.
When Kempower chargers are connected to the ChargEye™ system, customers can easily monitor, manage, and diagnose the day-to-day operations of both the chargers and vehicles. ChargEye™ ensures that a commercial vehicle fleet is always ready for duty when needed while optimizing energy costs and managing battery health.
The Kempower Power Unit consists of power modules which makes it easily scalable: more modules can be added when demand grows, and power is needed. Moreover, maintaining and servicing the device is much easier compared to traditional chargers, which has a positive effect on charger uptime. For more information and inspiration, visit their website and watch this video.
For more information contact: Gunilla Girardo