- Passionate about selling building materials to dealers and home building companies?
- Goal-oriented and want to join a high-growth manufacturing company with a global leading brand?
Our client, YKK-AP, a global leading company in the building and construction industry, is seeking Sales Representatives for the TN/AL and NC markets, to support the company’s high growth curve in the North America. The company is known for high-quality windows and doors for the residential market and supports the sales team with 2 local state of art manufacturing facilities.
As a Sales Representative you will establish relationships with dealers as well as with building companies in the assigned territory and be responsible for a personal sales budget.
- Sells YKK AP America residential vinyl and related products.
- Responsible for building a customer base for repeat business in the sales territory, building long term relationships with them, and securing orders for YKK.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet websites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor, job sites or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with customers’ sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks customers’ stock levels.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Performs light field service and repairs.
- Diagnoses quality problems in the field.
- Attends trade shows.
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in sales or business.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related area; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales experience with building products in the construction industry, is preferred.
Skills, Traits & Style
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales aptitude is key, with a customer-centric mindset.
- Hands-on capable of problem diagnosis and small repairs.
- Has a keen eye on competitions’ products and business practices.
- Committed to prompt communication, going the extra mile and willing to learn the necessary codes.
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. Including a commission plan.
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and very successful industry-leading company with a global footprint.
- The freedom to travel throughout your territory and build and grow your customer base.
- Salary Range: $65,000 – $140,000
As the North American arm of the global YKK AP group of companies, YKK AP America is a technology-oriented manufacturer of commercial facade systems and residential doors and windows. With every finished good, we push the boundaries in next-generation manufacturing. With every architectural application, we create new value. Combined with our close customer connections, this forward-thinking approach enables us to offer the latest in comfort and energy conservation for a more sustainable society. Our subsidiary brand, Erie Architectural Products, partners with glazing contractors to design, test, and engineer building envelope solutions for large-scale projects using its ENVIRO|FACADES curtain wall systems.
For more information please contact Kenneth Van Der Zalm.