- Passionate about selling building materials to dealers and home building companies?
- Goal-oriented and want to join a high-growth manufacturing company with a global leading brand?
Our client, YKK-AP, a global leading company in the building and construction industry, is seeking Sales Representatives for the South Carolina market, to support the company’s high growth curve in the North America. The company is known for high-quality windows and doors for the residential market.
As a Sales Representative you will establish relationships with dealers as well as with building companies in the assigned territory and be responsible for a personal sales budget.
- Sells YKK AP America residential vinyl and related products.
- Responsible for building a customer base for repeat business in the sales territory, building long term relationships with them, and securing orders for YKK.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet websites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor, job sites or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with customers’ sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks customers’ stock levels.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Performs light field service and repairs.
- Diagnoses quality problems in the field.
- Attends trade shows.
What We Expect from You
Your experience & education
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in sales or business.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related area; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales experience with building products in the construction industry, is preferred.
Skills, Traits & Style
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales aptitude is key, with a customer-centric mindset.
- Hands-on capable of problem diagnosis and small repairs.
- Has a keen eye on competitions’ products and business practices.
- Committed to prompt communication, going the extra mile and willing to learn the necessary codes.
What We Offer Is More Than Just a Job
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. Including a commission plan.
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and very successful industry-leading company with a global footprint.
- The freedom to travel throughout your territory and build and grow your customer base.
As the North American arm of the global YKK AP group of companies, YKK AP America is a technology-oriented manufacturer of commercial facade systems and residential doors and windows. With every finished good, we push the boundaries in next-generation manufacturing. With every architectural application, we create new value. Combined with our close customer connections, this forward-thinking approach enables us to offer the latest in comfort and energy conservation for a more sustainable society. Our subsidiary brand, Erie Architectural Products, partners with glazing contractors to design, test, and engineer building envelope solutions for large-scale projects using its ENVIRO|FACADES curtain wall systems.