On behalf of our client, PHC Corporation North America, we are currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager for the New York City area. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated high achiever with solid experience in capital equipment, preferably in the biomedical industry. Since you will be working from your home office to cover a large area, you must be a road warrior and a self-starter who is used to work independently, and you must have experience in effectively managing relevant sales channels.
PHC Corporation of North America is a subsidiary of PHC Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, a global leader in development, design, and manufacturing of laboratory equipment for biopharmaceutical, life sciences, academic, healthcare and government markets. Biomedical product lines are now marketed under the PHCbi brand. These products include space-saving and energy-efficient VIP® ECO, TwinGuard® and VIP Series ultra-low temperature freezers, cryogenic and biomedical freezers, pharmacy and high-performance refrigerators, cell culture CO2 and multi-gas incubators, portable autoclaves, Drosophila/plant growth chambers, and cell processing work stations. Website:
In this position, reporting to the Regional Director for the East Territory, you will be a valued member of the North-American sales team. You will be given the opportunity to identify, develop, and maintain existing business relationships within the territory and conduct regular product reviews with Channel partners and key account customers. You must have the ambition and drive to continuously deliver results and exceed expectations to assist the company in gaining U.S. market share.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Achieves monthly, quarterly, annual sales targets by:
- Respond to customer and channel sales requests within 24 hours.
- Regularly travel to client sites (at least 3 days a week).
- Conduct product training for customers, employees.
- Utilize CRM sales tools to manage the sales process.
- Prepare CRM weekly sales to call reports and update the database as required.
- Prepare pipeline sales report including open quotes and closed quote status.
- Develop and understand sales plans and objectives and proactively develop plans to achieve sales goals.
- Understand and address both business and scientific needs of customers by engaging in meaningful dialog to determine customer needs.
- Determine how PHCNA can address customer needs.
- Determine the best channel of distribution to meet customer needs.
- Design and follow up on special quotations.
- Monitor competitors pricing, promotion strategy and report back to the Manager and Product Development Department.
- Prepare quarterly PowerPoint presentation for internal sales meetings.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for regional meetings as needed.
- Prepare special pricing requests for large projects.
- Organize Lunch and Learns at Key Accounts for ULT’s/CO2’s and focused products and customer programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Competitive compensation package and company car.
- Excellent benefits including 401K with company match, Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance.
- Great career opportunity with a growing company.
- Working from your home office.
- Bachelors’ degree and 3 years minimum direct sales experience with demonstrated sales results.
- Sales of capital equipment or capital purchases or equivalent.
- Familiar with the market and businesses utilizing biomedical capital equipment.
- Experience in working with/through Sales Channels.
- Experience working from remote or home office with minimal supervision
- Solves problems that are of moderate difficulty and that have several factors, most of which are clearly defined
- Selects best procedure for identifying the problem, and modifying an existing solution, if necessary.
- Provides clear and written communications to sell products, communicate facts, and answer questions
- Communicates with one or more people at a time in occasionally unpredictable contexts (e.g., meetings with unfamiliar people), using a wide range of formats and styles, and dealing with conflict when necessary.
- Must reside within the greater New York City area.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Road warrior.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must have a working home office conducive to conducting business professionally on the telephone and computer with minimal supervision.
- This position may require you to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time when visiting customers, in meetings and/or at (trade) shows.
- May need to lift to 40 pounds and be able to move large lab equipment that is on casters.