Our client is a developer of small OEM fluid pumps. Solutions are tailored to customer specifications to optimize performance, minimize cost, and provide years of reliable service. Our client specializes in medical, analytical chemistry, F&B, industrial ink-jet, and high-tech equipment industries and pride themselves on extremely fast development times with a world-renowned quality reputation.
Sourcing, developing, and maintaining these OEM customers is a crucial role in their business success, and we are looking for a Territory Sales Manager (USA, remote) to grow their North American market footprint and revenue.
The ideal candidate must be a “hands on” account management professional, operating with a sense of ownership and accountability to both customers and upper management. This strategic role is a key position in our organization and requires vision, drive, and interpersonal skills to open doors and secure long-term business.
What you will do:
- Primary responsibilities include developing new OEM customer sales, maintaining existing customer sales, and growing gross sales revenue per company targets.
- Works directly with new and existing customers to identify their needs and develop custom pump solutions. Product selection will come from personal experience, company literature, and internal engineering support.
- Research companies, markets, and applications requiring our client’s products and services. Prepare opportunity summaries for management, identifying markets, potential customers, pump solutions, and economic feasibility.
- Prepares and delivers professional presentations for customers and internal management using CRM sales tools.
- Cultivates multiple contacts at each customer, monitoring customer orders and new project status on a regular basis.
- Negotiates customer contracts and agreements to reach company goals and financial targets.
- Coordinates design and production engineering departments with customers’ engineering groups to provide custom pump solutions. Participates in product redesigns for cost-reduction projects, as well as risk-analyses and design review meetings.
- Works with our global sales team to identify ways to streamline the communication process between the company and the customers.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent with a commercial focus such as business administration or economics.
- Strong commercial skills with proven experience in sales or key account manager roles.
- 10+ years of experience in the healthcare, analytical, or high-tech OEM equipment sales with a solid understanding of technical matters, product development processes, regulatory frameworks and operations and operational supply chains.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills gained through involvement in B2B relationships.
- Demonstrated success in working in a global, matrixed environment with the ability to lead and influence others without direct authority.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Self-starter w/an existing clients’ network portfolio.
- Sound business acumen to understand key performance indicators and their drivers and assess opportunity attractiveness.
- Proven track record of managing complex business-to-business relationships.
- A team player able to contribute to team successes.
- Detail oriented, assertive self-starter who meets goals and timelines in multiple assignments and can adapt to change.
- Strong communication skills in front of internal and external audiences, while formally presenting and negotiating proposals and/or technical solutions.
- Well-developed written skills to prepare monthly reports, reviews, and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 20-30%, as required (trips to Europe included)
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, medical, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, flexible vacation, a 401k plan, and more.