Our client, STIHL, is a world leader and global manufacturer of Outdoor Power Equipment and headquartered in Germany with manufacturing facilities around the globe. Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in Germany with the first electric chainsaw in 1926, the STIHL name has remained synonymous with outstanding innovations, high-quality products and comprehensive service.
The U.S. headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA, STIHL Inc. has grown from 50 employees in 1974, assembling one model of chainsaw, to over 2,100 employees, working on our 150 acre campus, to assemble, produce, market and support a full range STIHL products. Today STIHL Inc. manufactures over 80 models of chainsaws and outdoor power equipment in our more than 1 million square feet of state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. STIHL is the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America sold exclusively through a network of more than 10,000 authorized local STIHL Dealers from coast to coast and exported from the U.S. to more than 80 countries worldwide.
STIHL has engaged us in the search for an energetic and detail-oriented Technical Training Coordinator for its North American Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Technical Training Coordinator will be responsible for acquiring, coordinating, updating, and tracking training courses and programs with direction from the Talent Development Supervisor.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for Outdoor Power Equipment as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for employee training and development programs including safety compliance, technical competency training, and the manufacturing technology summer camp.
- Partners with Talent Development Supervisor, HRBL and key stakeholders to recommend improvements to existing content; schedules and (when appropriate) leads training; updates training records; uses established method to collect and report quality of training/program.
- Manages the technical training lab by ensuring STIHL has the most appropriate equipment to facilitate the training strategy.
- Partners with management and Talent Development Supervisor to determine what equipment is appropriate.
- Researches and recommends additional technical training opportunities to management and the Talent Development Supervisor.
- Develops and manages relationships with technical training vendors and consultants on training needs.
- Assists with procurement and curriculum development that meet company requirements.
- Coordinates and maintains the training schedule and training rooms, including correspondence with instructors, preparing room resources, making catering arrangements, and inviting all attendees.
- Assists Talent Development Supervisor with employee development programs such as the Apprenticeship and Co-op programs.
- Participates on various Human Resources project teams to develop new initiatives and programs aimed at improving organizational and employee effectiveness.
- Assists in analyzing budget accounts, monthly reports, training metrics, and training records for accuracy.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred
- 2 years of related experience preferred.
- Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical / Engineering background preferred