Gantner Instruments is a global leader in the development of high-precision measurement & control systems. Since 1982, the Gantner team has excelled in delivering products and services in the fields of electrical, mechanical and thermal measurement systems. The company`s test automation and performance monitoring solutions can be found within almost all the world’s leading manufacturers in many industries, including Automotive, Aerospace, Civil Engineering, and Energy. For an inside look visit: www.gantner-instruments.com
Gantner Instruments is in immediate need of a Technical Support and Applications Engineer, North East based in the greater Detroit area. In this initially home office based position, you will use your solid technical understanding, your knowledge of test & measurement soft- and hardware, as well as your outstanding customer service attitude to support the CEO directly and building a team with the local Gantner Sales Manager and all customers in the region.
- Technical installation of equipment at customers.
- Providing pre- and post-sales support to internal and external customers.
- Answering phone calls and replying mails from our customers and sales reps, as well as in-person technical and product support.
- Generating scope descriptions for new projects and applications.
- Supporting the sales force with demo system configuration and training/presentation materials (using PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.)
- Build and maintain high-level product knowledge to achieve maximum customer satisfaction
- Providing key counsel and partnership as well as demonstrate expertise.
- Work effectively with the rep sales force to ensure key targets are being achieved.
- Backing up other team members as needed in a small, dynamic office environment.
- Based in the greater Detroit area.
- Willingness and ability to work out of a home office.
- Engineering degree (Electrical or Mechanical) preferred.
- Experience in using test & measurement equipment.
- Basic Knowledge of CAN Bus, EtherCAT and Modbus TCP
- Making design documents for projects and applications such as wiring diagrams and arrangement drawings
- A strong technical aptitude required to understand and support process measurement and control instrumentation principles.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Michigan and Ohio (up to 75%)
- Understanding of basic measurement and control software such as LabVIEW, MatLAB, DASYlab and similar tools (commonly used in college labs); programming skills with e.g. C++, C# or Python are a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening & presentation).
- Excellent telephone mannerisms. Extensive support will be provided over the phone for our customers and sales representatives.
- Attractive base salary and bonus
- Benefits package (Health/Dental/Vision)
- 15 days paid vacation
- Company car