Our client, AVANT Tecno, is a market leading global supplier of multi-functional loaders. The development of Avant Loaders began 25 years ago. Headquartered and manufactured in Ylöjärvi, Finland, AVANT has sales offices in Germany, UK and US, and import partners in more than 55 countries. AVANT has engaged us in the search for an energetic and detail-oriented Technical Service Specialist for its North American Headquarters in Arlington Heights, IL.
Innovative product development and unique design are Avant’s core competencies. With more than 190 different attachments, Avant is a highly multi-functional loader with over 60 dealer relationships in the US and a constantly growing customer base and network.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Technical Service Specialist will be responsible for assisting the dealer network with maintenance and repairs of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems across all Avant loaders and attachments.
Additionally, the Technical Service Specialist will have responsibility for performing dealer service training to supplement or assist the Technical Trainer, maintain records of newly occurring and reoccurring service issues, and assist in maintaining records for any campaigns or bulletins to ensure proper repair as outlined in the instructions provided to the dealer.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for customer service as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot dealer/customer reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or attachment users
- Work out of the shop on equipment repairs and maintenance as required
- Conduct and plan, in conjunction with sales managers, technical training, which may be held at the dealers’ facility or at Avant Tecno USA, for the dealer’s mechanical support teams
- Participate in regular Train-the-Trainer sessions provided by parent support team to become one of the USA Technical Specialists
- Assist in updating and maintaining technical training material based on on-going learning
- Aid Parent company in Finland with maintaining safety and liability standards, and aid in the implementation and follow through for any service campaigns
- Change and assemble machine’s options and mechanical components according to dealer/customer order specifications
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability for any machines damaged in transit
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests for all machines as they are unloaded from the shipping containers (PDI)
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery and components as required
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting machines, etc.)
- Utilize computer applications and programs required of position
- Higher education or College degree, preferably in Business, Engineering or Mechanical
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience (Engineering)
- Experience in Electrical or Hydraulics or Mechanical
- Background in Construction Equipment, Agriculture and OEM
- Experience with Dealerships and OEM dealer networks
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Ability to comprehend technology associated with machine parts
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
- Ability to respond quickly, accurately, and professionally to demands and requests from customers and employees
- Keen attention to detail, high level of initiative, and the ability to work independently
- Comprehensive understanding of internal and external business
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently
- Demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to develop strong business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office