About the Haidlmair Group:
For the last 40 years, this globally operating family owned Austrian company, established itself as the leader in design and construction of the highest quality and most technically advanced molds for the packaging, material handling and logistics industries. Haidlmair produces some of the largest and technically advanced molds in the industry and is an expert in thin wall applications. Today the name Haidlmair stands for constant innovation, unmatched technical excellence, unparalleled quality and an unwavering commitment to enhance the production capabilities and product quality of the industry’s best injection molding companies.
For an in-depth look at the company please visit: http://www.haidlmair.at/en/Home
Under the leadership and strategic direction of the owners and the senior management team at the Austrian Head Office, Haidlmair GmbH is now looking to establish its presence in the US Market beyond their current key account activities. Although, Haidlmair North America was established 2015 via the acquisition of a company in Toronto, Canada, the new U.S. sales strategy will run mostly independent and in close cooperation with Austria. All molds for the U.S. market will be designed and manufactured in Europe, with service and maintenance being handled out of Canada.
About this vacancy:
In close cooperation with HQ in Austria, you will be the sole pioneer in establishing Haidlmair molds in the US (potentially N.A.) market. As an experienced sales expert in molds for the material handling, packaging and logistics industries, you will use your extensive industry contacts, your strong technical skills in mold design and construction, as well as your demonstrated technical sales and business development hunter skills, to win and drive new business in the U.S. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Global Sales in Austria and will be in close contact with various sales, key account and engineering functions at the Austrian head office. Ideally you have an established home office presence in the Eastern half of the U.S. and can handle the travel schedule demanded by a position with national sales responsibilities.
You will be a good fit for this position if, aside from the professional qualification, you are comfortable in a family owned engineering organization with a strong European, technical and quality mindset. A good cultural understanding and adaptability, as well as prior experience working for international, ideally German speaking, organizations, would be a great asset. Establishing a new market as the sole contributor means that you have to possess a high degree of self-management but also a clear focus on collaboration and teamwork across the entire organization and across all departments, time zones and cultures.
- Immediately take charge of all sales efforts in the U.S. by approaching already identified key target companies, as well as identifying and developing new potential customers.
- Establish a strategic sales plan for N.A. in cooperation with the Global Head of Sales in Austria.
- Organize and conduct technical presentations at customer locations and win new business.
- Coordinate all sales and technical projects with project/program managers and engineers in Austria and Canada.
- Negotiate and verify product pricing and contract terms. In cooperation with experts in Austria.
- Prepare documentation, calculations and quotes for products and services including cost analysis detailing material, labor, implementation and service cost. In cooperation with respective experts in Austria.
- Manage/coordinate quality management processes and documents as assigned.
- Analyze/prepare sales forecast numbers for strategic sales approach and budget.
- Represent Haidlmair at trade organizations, trade fairs and other marketing events.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical education at Bachelor level or equivalent technical work experience.
- Technical knowledge of injection mold design and construction is an absolute must.
- Experience with very large molds and thin wall applications is a distinct advantage.
- Must have experience selling molds into the injection molding industry within the material handling, packaging and logistics segments.
- Must bring deep and well-established contacts into the material handling, packaging and logistics industries.
- Additional technical sales experience into automotive injection molding Tier 1 and/or OEM is a plus but not required.
- Successful track record of finding, winning and closing new business accounts is expected.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills are expected.
- Must be familiar with individual sales contracts up to $3mio.
- Knowledge of target industries quality standards, quality core tools and business practices are an asset.
- Knowledge of quotation tools and processes is expected.
- Knowledge of project management tools and processes is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of CAD software preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly used contracts and warranty expectations is preferred.
- Willingness to travel extensively to customers and prospects.
- Must possess a valid passport, a willingness to travel to Austria and the ability to travel into Canada.
- German language skills are not required but would be a distinct advantage.
Please note, this is a home office position anywhere in the Eastern half of the U.S., ideally with easy access to major target industry centers and/or a major airport.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Very attractive base salary and commission based on experience.
- Benefits package (Health/Dental/Vision/401k).
- Paid Time off Benefits.
- Company car or car allowance.
- Home office equipment allowance.