Our client is one of the world’s leading plastic product manufacturers with global operations. Their Business Unit COMPOSITES, located in Italy, has engaged us in the search for an experienced and successful Technical Sales Manager NAFTA for its automotive market. This is a home office/remote position based in the United States, reporting directly to the business manager COMPOSITES in Italy.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Technical Sales Manager – COMPOSITES, will take over and grow the existing NAFTA automotive accounts, as well as win significant new business in the automotive sectors. The focus will be on the composite material used for the production of interior trim through a thermoforming process.
You will be a good fit for this role, if you bring a technical education paired with in depth technical knowledge of the thermoforming process (plastic injection molding will be considered as a plus), especially with composites. Ideally you have extensive experience in the NAFTA automotive OEM and Tier1 market, selling products related to the cargo area, dashboard inserts, door panels, load floor, parcel shelf, pillar trims, seat back covers, tail gate covers, trunk trim, wheel arch liners and other trim elements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Sales Manager for existing Business in NAFTA Region. First contact for technical and R&D requests or issues.
- Granting and optimizing business and technical relationship between NAFTA customers and European headquarter of the company.
- Offer support to the development of the thermoforming Technology in the North American Market (new projects, proactive approach with customer and OEM, problem solver during development phase, etc.).
- Supporting existing and potential new customers in their relationship with technology providers (mould makers, design centers, engineering companies, etc.)
- Maintain a close watch on market and customer trends by maintaining a close interaction with customers and OEM’s and adapting the marketing strategy of the company in close association with the leadership of the business unit COMPOSITES.
- Strategic Business Development – position requires the ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategy and achieving pre-set objectives for new business as determined in the marketing plan.
- Product Management and Sales Operations: responsible for developing methodologies for approaching different markets and converting them into regular sales for the Company in the start-up phase.
- Follow all relevant policies and procedures (Code of Conduct, 5S, Safety, Group policies)
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Engineering: Mechanical/Electrical/Polymer Engineering with hands-on experience in the thermoforming/injection molding industry. A working knowledge of plastic/composites sheets and films preferred
- Must be skilled in extrusion and thermoforming processes and should have had a good experience/exposure in the market of automotive interior trim.
- 8 to 10 years related experience in the automotive industry, preferably in a Multinational Tier 1 or OEM with exposure to the interior trims market.
- Prior experience with OEM’s and Tier 1 is critical
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive knowledge of COMPOSITE materials
- Extensive knowledge in thermoforming technology
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Impeccable soft skills enabling building of contacts with senior business decision makers
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Professional integrity
- Self-starter with initiative, team player, flexible, and adaptable
- Competency in MS Office
- Able to communicate in Spanish and/or Italian is a big plus.
- International travel required