Gantner Instruments is a global leader in the development of high-precision measurement & control systems. Since 1982, the Gantner team has excelled in delivering products and services in the fields of electrical, mechanical and thermal measurement systems. The company`s test automation and performance monitoring solutions can be found within almost all the world’s leading manufacturers in many industries, including Automotive, Aerospace, Civil Engineering, and Energy. For an inside look visit: www.gantner-instruments.com
Under the leadership and strategic direction of the CEO and with the full backing of the Austrian Head Office, the U.S. organization has embarked on an exciting path of expansion and growth. To support this growth, Gantner Instruments Inc., is looking for a highly-skilled Technical Sales Manager, Test Measurement & Control Systems, with a clear focus on the aerospace industry. This position is initially based out of a home office in the Georgia/Alabama area. This position reports to and works closely with the company President and CEO Americas, as well as the global Vice President of Sales based in Germany/Austria, in this arms-length, flat hierarchies, international powerhouse.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid-career Technical Sales Manager with existing key contacts inside the aerospace industry and experience in Test Measurement & Control Systems. With your highly technical, customer first, consultative and value-based selling approach, you will expand the business with existing clients and embark on proactive business development and relationship building journey across aerospace and other industries. This position is for candidates who do not see the limit of what is possible, want to be part of and contribute to the success of a growing company and have the vision and determination to add to the development of a successful sales organization.
You will be a good fit for this position if, aside from the professional qualification, you are comfortable in a culturally diverse organization with European DNA. Flat hierarchies throughout the organization mean that you have to possess a high degree of self-management but also a clear focus on collaboration and teamwork. The company U.S. Head Office and all support functions are based in San Diego, CA but all senior management and sales functions are decentralized throughout the U.S. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- Proven 5+ year background in technical sales within the Test & Measurement industry.
- Contacts with the South East based aerospace industry is an absolute must.
- Aerospace industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Background in Test Measurement & Control Systems or integrated technologies highly preferred.
- Recognized engineering education at the Bachelor level required. A master´s degree in engineering is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in a home office setting preferred.
- Located in a home office within the Georgia/Alabama area. Relocation is available for the right candidate.
- Ability to travel extensively within the Alabama, Carolinas and Georgia sales region with additional nationwide and occasional international travel as required.
- Prior work experience for a European company highly desired.
- German language skills are a distinct advantage but not a requirement.
- Attractive base salary and bonus
- Benefits package (Health/Dental/Vision)
- 15 days paid vacation
- Company car