In the role of the Technical Sales Engineer, who directly reports to the Director of Projects, you will collaborate on new opportunities to apply best practice quotes to customers. You will be successful in this role by understanding existing customer’s organizational structure and by developing strong relationships at all corporate levels including executive, operations, engineering, purchasing, maintenance and finance.
• Support and manage sales process in collaboration with Representatives and Sales Management.
• Identify and manage new opportunities within existing accounts.
• Support and provide solutions including bulk material handling principles, theories and concepts.
• Customize and recommend solutions to increase the customer’s overall profitability, productivity, and
safety by gathering data, analyzing information and solving problems.
• Use evaluation techniques ranging from simple “pro and con” comparisons to ROI calculations and use
drawings to facilitate concept understanding.
• Prepare cost calculations and estimate Sheets for proposals showing all project costs.
• Develop optimized cost calculations and proposals that include technical and functional descriptions, spreadsheets, drawing, and material handling flow diagrams.
• Review, recommend and improve gross margins through pricing, perceived market value, and product/service mix.
• Develop and present proposals, follow up, and negotiate improved financial and contractual concepts through close.
• Process orders and inform customers of project status (includes shipping, installation, start-up, and final payment).
• Perform presentations articulating the value proposition of product solution and service offerings.
• Manage internal and external information through software systems and CRM tools.
• Anticipate customer needs and proactively customize solutions to meet customer’s business objectives.
• Inform customers of material handling technology trends.
• Collect data that accurately represents customer requirements.
• Develop concepts that range from manual to fully automated solutions.
• Develop proposal supporting information that includes technical and functional descriptions.
• Manage the initial application evaluation, equipment pre-qualification and selection; calculate, cost, price, quote, negotiate and sell for the sales and quotes process.
• Order transfer to technical team in US and GER & operations.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
The AUMUND Group, in business for 95 years, is a specialist in the field of conveying and storage equipment for a wide range of bulk materials. The US subsidiary of the AUMUND Group was established in 1980 in Atlanta to handle sales and engineering reviews for projects in the entire North and Central American market. While the cement industry is AUMUND’s foremost market, they are also operating in the steel and smelting industry, power generation, port and export terminals, minerals sector as well as the alternative energy-bearing materials.
• Base salary + 10% performance bonus
• Excellent health benefits (100% paid by the company including dependents!)
• 401k with match
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Flat hierarchy + good team atmosphere + little turnover
• Mechanical degree in an Engineering discipline
• 2-3+ years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• (Bulk) Material Handling industry experience is a must
• Experience with conveyors is preferred
• Proven success at building rapport and productive customer relationships through effective communication at all levels
• Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Use of various tools and programs including CRM tools
• Ability to read drawings and visualize details in three dimensions
• Knowledge of mechanical equipment and installation
• Must be detail-oriented, customer driven and work well in a team environment
• AutoCAD, Microsoft office
• Travel: 10-30% anticipated.