Our client is part of an international organization that specializes in projects for implementing automated storage and retrieval systems and automated guided vehicles designated to minimize the space used within warehouses and obtain efficiency and productivity.
As a Technical PM/Site Manager you will fully utilize your expertise of industrial material handling systems. Your strong background in managing projects will allow you to be successful in this position. Your experience coordinating and scheduling the entire project installation cycle at a client’s site including contractor’s activities, equipment rentals, timely delivery of all materials and equipment will serve you well. You will be the face of the company and interact with several key stakeholders including the client, GC, vendors, subcontractors, and your site’s Project Manager.
In addition to overseeing the day-to-day operation of the overall installation, you will be responsible for the safety on the job-site, ensure installation accuracy, quality, and code/specifications’ compliance based on company’s guidelines. You will participate and/or review the vendor scope of work and the bidding process and technical papers and make recommendations for future installation specifications and quality assurances. You will organize and support the maintenance training of the onsite operators and develop technical documentation for the ultimate operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 5 years of technical experience in an international environment and
- Solid understanding of material handling systems (or similar automation systems)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- 70% traveling is required
- Independent decision-making skills, ability to coordinate projects and oversee installation of equipment.
- Possibility to work from your home office or relocation to Asheville.