Our International client’s leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services power the global construction industry, including some of the world’s most ambitious feats of engineering. To deliver these innovative solutions to our customers, we’re looking for dedicated, high-performing people to join their team.
Headquartered in Europe with multiple locations in North-America, our client is considered a global leader in it’s industry and has a refined corporate culture that is home to some of the most talented and ambitious professionals on the planet.
Leading a team of 200+ through 5 direct reports and middle management layers, you will be responsible for all the plants’ Production, Engineering, Quality, Projects and Continuous Improvement (LEAN) functions. The main activities in this plant circle around sheet metal, metal forming, metal stamping and related work.
The Technical Plant Manager leads and implements the strategy in all technical areas in close cooperation with the GM. This is a senior management position responsible for the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes, as well as implementing NEW products and processes. The Plant Manager ensures that goods and services are produced efficiently, and the correct amount is produced at the right cost, at the right time and at the right level of quality.
Furthermore, you will be responsible to maintain the concept of Lean manufacturing in the plant and achieve the targets established for each period.
You will also be positioned to take over the role of General Management at a future date.
Note: the location for this position is on the Mexican side of the border in a suburb of Brownsville, TX. (Matamoros, MX) Candidates could either live in Mexico as well as on the US side and a border-crossing allowance and support will be provided, as well as a solid relocation package.
Candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Must have an Engineering degree. (Metallurgic, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or related)
- Advanced degree such as an M.B.A. is preferred.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with similar activities in metal working. (forming, stamping, etc.)
- Must have at least 5 years of management experience over multidisciplinary teams.
- Must have an interest and availability for both upward (promotion) as geographical (relocation) mobility as our client offers many career advancement options.
- International exposure and work experience would be a plus.
- Strong command of the English language is a must, Spanish is highly preferred.
Qualified and motivated candidates are welcome to apply. If you are an ambitious professional with strong Manufacturing leadership capabilities and a metal background, we look forward to speaking to you soon.