An excellent opportunity for a technical professional with strong relationship building and communication skills who will coordinate our client’s maintenance and repair activities through third party service providers in North America.
In this position you control our client’s maintenance and technical activities in North America ensuring that the tank container fleet is maintained to a safe and legal standard, and that a high-quality technical support service is delivered in support of the South East office. You will manage a small team and a network of over 20 third party facilities (nationwide) and a M&R budget of $5M plus and manage large capital projects ($10mln++). Your base will be at our client’s headquarters.
The travel portion of this role (to third party depots) is estimated at 20% (although much of the travel is local). This role is crucial for the continued success of our customer and will report to the “Global Director, Procurement & Technical”. Internally you will primarily advise and collaborate with the Commercial Department and with Operations and QHSSE. Your external stakeholders are third party depots and approved spare part material providers.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Coordinate and control tank container periodic testing program and fleet inspection program.
- Management and control of third-party repair depots ensuring the delivery of cost and quality control.
- Control of technical modifications on the company’s operated tank containers.
- Management of tank utilization while in a repair depot.
- Manage the M&R budget and spend.
- Attend customer meetings when required to support our client’s commercial proposition.
- Provide advice and guidance to commercial management as required on M&R matters.
- Negotiate depot rates with approved third-party depot suppliers and to purchase spare parts with approved material suppliers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A (Mechanical) Engineering Degree is a plus, but not required.
- Strong affinity with mechanical AND Metalurgical technology is a must.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with maintenance and repair processes and/or inspections and audits.
- Experience with tank containers is a huge plus.
- Extensive experience with pumps and valves.
- A minimum of 3 years management experience.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Possess excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to create changes while being respectful of existing company culture.
- Is self-motivated, takes initiative and is able to work without close supervision.
- Is willing and able to travel.