On behalf of our client, Sandler Nonwoven Corporation in the Macon, GA area we are seeking a technically savvy, highly motivated, and goal-oriented professional for the position of Technical Director. This is a new position for the company and will play a key role in the company’s achievement of both short- and long-term goals for the North American Market.
With over a century of experience within the Textile Industry Sandler made the strategic decision to open a US location in 2016 which has grown successfully and completed a recent expansion. The company manufactures products that are used in everyday applications from Medical, Hygiene, Cosmetics, and others. Currently, the growing company employs approx. 100 employees in the North American Market.
As the main point of contact for all technical-related issues and processes, you will be collaborating with customers and colleagues, balancing team workload, and driving exceptional team performance with high impact for the business. You will use your leadership abilities to motivate and energize team members that are maintaining, installing, and troubleshooting production lines and buildings or manufacturing new products.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the development of all production and maintenance employees (approx. 60 – 70 Empl., 5 Direct Reports)
- Regularly evaluate and recommend new technologies to support the needs of the Plant
- Work with production staff and other process stakeholders to establish engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements across multiple disciplines of programming and technology
- Take responsibility for Supplier Quality Issues and implement lead root cause analysis and applicable corrective actions
- Keep up to date with industry related technical developments and communicate findings back to the leadership team and throughout the company
- Identify internal and external dependencies and manage necessary outside support
- Take ownership and responsibility in meeting all the plant’s safety, quality, production, and financial goals
- Satisfy all reporting requirements from the HQ Office
- Build and attain the yearly M&R budgets, yearly energy budgets (including improvement of energy efficiency year over year) and meet and improve the plant’s OEE and capacity targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Field required. An MBA or other related master’s degree is preferred
- 8 – 10 years of related work experience; Textile, Paper, and Pulp experience is preferred
- 4 – 5 years of management experience is required; previous budget management is preferred
- Superior communication and listening skills to effectively interface with internal- and external Customers as well as Suppliers
- Solid knowledge of Manufacturing Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO 9001, Lean, Kaizen)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% Domestic- and Internationally (valid Passport required)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Solid ERP user experience, preferably SAP