Our client is an international software company that develops, and markets software solutions dedicated to the management of IT services and solutions. Headquartered in Europe, our client has also a presence in North America to support their fast-growing global market demand.
In this context, we have been retained to search for a TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (TAM) to join their New York office. In this internal team and customer-support role, you will be responsible to assist sales team and the field using your highly technical experience in UC communications solutions (SaaS, UcaaS, Mobility, VoIP, Video conferencing) and platforms (providers, integrators, end-users). This role reports directly to the Manager Solutions Engineering Division based in New York and will interact frequently with colleagues in North America and counterpart in Europe.
As TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER AMERICAS – you are an experienced account or solutions engineer with high-energy and practical approaches in promoting the company’s UC solutions to existing and prospects clients. You are a hands-on person with passion for new technologies related to IT & software platforms. In this role, you will be supporting sales through demos, proof of concept, sales docs (quotes), webinars, video conferencing or trainings using your technical expertise in Microsoft, Sysco, Avaya or BroadSoft platforms (TEAM, Zoom, WebEx, Skype, and others).
- Be the Technical leader who advise on best practices and UC solutions
- Support sales team efforts throughout the Americas using technical know-how
- Interact daily with clients and develop a deep understanding of their needs
- Assist internally and externally w/technical presentation & UC solutions demos
- Develop Proof of Concept (POC) for all projects, webinars and trainings
- Continuously monitor marketplace to identify new business opportunities
- Work together with other departments such as Sales, Business Development, Technical Customer Support on all potential business opportunities
- Attend trade shows, industry conferences, networking events to build and strengthen network
- Travel nationally and internationally occasionally
- BSc in Computer Sciences, Software or equivalent relevant experience
- Min. 2-3 years of UC Pre-Sales/Solutions/Support/Account experience in a global territory supporting sales team & clients
- Strong in B2B IT and/or software project management working w/vendors, system integrators & service providers
- Previous experience working w/Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, BroadSoft or Skype for Business would be highly regarded
- Thrive in a fast-paced business environment with customer interaction, deadlines and high value expectations
- Proactive doer, Independent, Results-focused, Details-oriented, Organized, Collaborative-Attitude
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English (written & spoken). Additional language(s) – Spanish, Portuguese, French – would be a plus
- 10% travel in North America (Europe occasionally)
Location: New York City office (Manhattan)
Employment: Full-time (3 days office / 2 days remote)
Remuneration: Comprehensive salary (base + bonus) and benefits package