- Reports to VP Industrial Operations
- Location – Congers NY
- Cosmetics industry
- Travel – 0% ·
- International Work Environment
Our client is a multinational company, leader in contract manufacturing cosmetics and offers the same high-quality standards and technology with a global presence and local approach through 15 commercial offices and 15 production facilities in 12 countries. It is the largest supplier in the cosmetic industry and the most important player in R&D and production of beauty products in the world. Season after season, the company interprets beauty, creating lines of products from brands in every corner of the globe.
The Supply Chain Sr. Director main focus will be to the End-to-End Supply Chain management of all activities involved in Planning, Inventory management, Sourcing & Packaging, Procurement, Warehouse and logistics Management activities. You will effectively and successfully manage a 4 people Site Supply Chain team, by setting departmental objectives, supporting and mentoring members of the team in the achievement of these objectives. Your strong background in S.C. will be crucial in managing the integrity of all site Supply Chain information held on the company MRP system, including efficiency, cost and delivery information. Another equally important aspect of the job will be to ensure the successful achievement of Purchasing KPIs to meet the business needs. You are mentor to your team and a leader with the ability to listen positively influence talents in your team and in the rest of the organization. Other relevant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for component delivery to the manufacturing areas to enable the most efficient capacity utilization.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring inventory targets and stock turns set by the business.
- Modelling succession planning for team and applying process to provide solutions for the business for exits and promotions.
- Deliver the transactional process of supplier transition/rationalization. Managing order placement, dual sourcing, inventory management and supplier readiness.
- Ensuring freight compliance for Incoming freight.
- Support the Sales and Operating Planning process by analyzing site and supplier capacities and developing production actionable plans.
- Play an active role in supporting the Global Supply Chain team in identifying and developing new suppliers through to approved supplier status, creation of price and supply contracts, ongoing development of existing suppliers, activities to include on time delivery adherence, supplier quality development and delivery programs – (Lean Replenishment System, Direct Line Feed, vendor managed Inventory) etc.
- Be first escalation point for supply performance opportunities.
- Seeks opportunities to leverage the Company’s volumes, knowledge, and relationships across multiple divisions.
- Directs strategic sourcing of raw materials and services that align with goals and objectives.
- Degree within a business-related discipline preferred and/or CIPS.
- 10 years minimum of Planning and Procurement and possession of any of the main Supply Chain Certifications.
- 4-5 years minimum in leadership positions with Planning, Purchasing, Warehouse, inventory control responsibilities.
- SAP knowledge and experience is a must-have
- Willingly embrace a culture of continuous improvement.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Contractual awareness – Terms and Condition of Purchase/Sale.
- Ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship.