Our client, Safran Aerosystems Services Americas is an aftermarket organization supporting Repair, Customer Service Department & Spare Parts Distribution of Safran Group’s aerospace companies. The focus is on customer support via strategically located FAA approved repair stations, and an Atlanta based central inventory.
Safran Aerosystems Services Americas is a Drug-Free Workplace employer – requires a drug/alcohol screening and a criminal background screening. Safran Aerosystems Services Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Position’s Primary Responsibilities
While observing the applicable Safran Aerosystems Services Americas business rules and constraints, the Manager of the Supply Chain Planning is responsible to ensure customer satisfaction, inventory level and budget requirement. He/she will play a key role in supply chain vision and mission.
The manager of supply chain planning can work on his/her own independently and under pressured as well as a team player who keeps an open communication with the OEM and within the Safran Aerosystems Services Americas organization in order to optimize information flow and drive continuous improvement into the forecast process.
As a subject matter expert and a leader, the planning manager is familiar with the standard and processes within the organization. It is his responsibilities that supply chain planner follows the standards and if necessary, review and evolve the processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time. Additionally, these responsibilities are applicable to the Manager of Supply Chain Planning and are not limited to his/her area of responsibility (i.e. assigned OEM’s, etc.).
- Advanced technical knowledge and extensive experience in supply chain. As such, the manager has a keen understanding of:
- Material forecasting and stock plan establishment based on historical data and business intelligence.
- S&OP processes
- Defines and utilizes metrics that facilitate continuous improvements to planning processes and business results
- Troubleshoot, resolve and optimize the supply chain process. This include:
- Introduce and champion new ideas or concepts intended to improve the supply chain and its’ processes.
- Take on supply chain project and manage it from beginning to end.
- Maintain multiple communications channels to optimize product flow through the Safran Aerosystems supply chain
- Identify supply chain risks, capacity constraints, and improvement opportunities
- Work with our Repair Centers, Sales, Marketing, Reliability, and Customer Support teams to open and maintain productive communication with our customers and improve customer service
- Ensure all Safran Aerosystems functional groups communications
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for S&OP process
- Coordinate efforts between different departments in order to resolve and streamline process
- Lend guidance to other planners for relationship and collaboration efforts with OEM’s and other Safran Aerosystems functional groups.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in compliance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- This included but not limited to training, assigning tasks, direct work, appraising performance, disciplining employee, addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Comply with and ensure that direct reports adhere to policies/procedures and regulations, i.e., handbook, training requirements, state and federal regulations, etc.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain related field, Business Administration, Aerospace or Engineering preferred
- Industry certification such as APICS, CPIM, CPM, or ISM is strongly preferred
- 10 years material planning experience or relevant supply chain experience
- Must have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated
- Must have ability to work independently
- Communication Skills
- Must have the ability to generate written communication and must have strong oral communication abilities, including presentation skills
- Must have the ability to read and understand written communication of a technical nature
- Must have the skills necessary to mentor/train other planners and guide them through process or technical issues as needed.
- Ability to speak French is a plus
- Technical Knowledge and Skills
- 10 years of aviation Supply Chain or Engineering experience is strongly preferred. Related aviation experience of a technical nature will be considered
- A strong understanding of statistical forecasting methodology is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Words, Access, MS Projects, etc.
- Ability to learn and adapt fast to new technologies
- Advanced level of knowledge of MCA Solutions software and M3.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to independently travel both domestically and internationally
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Safran Aerosystems Services Americas to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
More about the Company
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018. Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the “Happy at work” rankings.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.