What this Opportunity Offers
- An opportunity to join a smaller US subsidiary with flat structured work culture where your voice truly matters
- An excellent opportunity to move into a director’s role in 1 to 2 years with training and support from the company
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Great at building company success with your passion for material management and collaboration?
- Is your leadership style dynamic, creative, enthusiastic, communicative, motivated, and personable?
- Goal-and future-minded, eager to always find a better way of doing things
- Team player with outstanding inter-personal and relationship building skills?
Our client, Norican Group, founded in 2008 in Denmark, is seeking a hands-on Supply Chain Manager to help improve the performance of their supply chain as they continue to grow their business in North America. Wheelabrator is the surface preparation brand of Norican Group. As the world’s leading surface preparation technology provider, Wheelabrator offers a complete range of equipment, services and parts. For more than 100 years, leading companies in eg automotive, aerospace, energy, marine, rail and construction have used Wheelabrator’s products and services to improve productivity and profitability. Wheelabrator has the privilege of serving approx. 14,000 active customers in nearly 100 countries across any industry requiring metallic part. Norican Group North America supports customers in the United States, Mexico, and Canada and employs over 2,000 people on 4 continents. For more information and inspiration, please visit https://www.noricangroup.com/en-gb/about-norican and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaWPNV5eUUA
About this Position
As Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for the integrity of materials management function including product costs/vendor negotiations, inventory control/accuracy, and direct/indirect for Norican Group North America. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President and Head of Americas, this role is ultimately responsible for the purchase and management of all commercial parts in order to achieve an optimum level of inventory investment for the Norican lines of business.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- You will get the opportunity to establish and execute processes that support inventory forecasting, planning and control across all lines of business. Very hands on and deeply involved in the processes.
- Implement and execute inventory planning and tactics that support the continuous supply of required materials and a flawless delivery, aiming at total customer satisfaction and sales growth.
- Maintain the required inventory to run the production and sales process smoothly while optimizing QCD.
- Promote application of best practices related to inventory management across all lines of business, using corporate systems and developing cross division collaboration.
- Own the continuous improvement process to meet stretched OTD, stock coverage, customer satisfaction and cost reduction targets.
- Coordinate interdepartmentally to evaluate customer and supplier requirements, lead times and other factors for inventory planning.
- Develop and implement roadmap for make-or-buy long/short-term purchasing agreements for direct and indirect categories (including, but not limited to, services, maintenance, freight, logistics).
- Locally coordinate sourcing with global commodity team.
- Perform and publish root cause analyses on key metrics including Customer Service Levels, Supplier performance and Inventory Management.
- Source and locate suppliers potentially suited to meet the company’s requirements for price, quality, and delivery.
- Own the Supplier Qualification process in coordination with Quality.
- Manage supplier relationships; complete supplier quality assessments and visits as required, understanding supplier’s abilities and constraints.
- Assure each direct report is trained and performing to the level of expectation
- Develop, manage and report on KPI’s for direct reports.
- Continuous evaluation of suppliers and alternate sources of parts to meet QCD targets and LEAN objectives for the division.
- Develop, implement, and manage a system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier performance.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional teams.
Your Education & Work Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a “project” oriented company, offering highly customized solutions (not volume based) in the manufacturing/machinery industry.
- ERP systems knowledge is required, preferrable Microsoft AX Dynamics
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in leading teams and developing direct reports, incl. succession planning,
- Strong organizational skills: must be able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment for change
- Solid hands-on experience with the day-to-day task incl. problem solving skills with Lean knowledge
- Experience with all SC activities— purchase, production, warehouse, sourcing, shipping to get the product out the door
- Finance Knowledge- understanding of cost calculations, basic P&L and budget experience
Your Personality and Leadership Skills
- Strong emphasis on a team player who thrives in a changing team environment and presents themselves in a polished professional manner, including the ability to work independently with efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Mentoring abilities
- A self-motivated individual, energizing others, setting the right priorities
- High achievement orientation
- Persistence and patience