About this vacancy
Due to continued growth, our client offers this new position within the company as the first strategic Purchasing role beyond the order-entry level. In this critical role, you will identify and accomplish all procurement-related tasks independently with support from other teams within the organization. You will be successful by developing technical knowledge of all products and services required in the US and by identifying and qualifying suppliers, establishing contracts, and monitoring performance based on quality, price, availability, reliability, technical requirements, sustainability, and consistency with the parent company. Our client offers a competitive salary, great benefits, and room to grow internally.
Main tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with internal work partners and research market to identify all needed us-based products and services.
- Develop technical knowledge of the goods or services required for US operations.
- Develop us-based procurement policies and procedures as role and organization grow.
- Interview suppliers and visit locations to examine and learn about products, services, and prices
- Evaluate and qualify suppliers based on price, quality, technical requirements, and speed of delivery of their products and services
- Analyze price proposals and other information to determine reasonable prices (benchmark)
- Create, negotiate, and monitor contracts with suppliers
- Meet with work partners and suppliers to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine/manage corrective actions
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for changes
- Identify critical supply items and develop second sources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering)
- CPP or CSCP certification or equivalent work experience
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience in project management
- Ability to travel as required for supplier qualification and audit visits (~20%)
- Demonstrated work experience in procurement of technical products and services
- Demonstrated ability to complete procurement tasks at all levels in the process.
- Skills: Analytical, Decision-making, Math, Negotiating, computer savvy (ERP, Excel, Sharepoint, etc.)