Viastore Systems Inc., with its global headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany is an international provider of intralogistics systems, intralogistics software and support service which belongs to the Top 20 suppliers in its industry. The privately held company with over 550 dedicated associates worldwide was founded in 1889 and is currently managed in the fifth generation. Viastore Systems is present in several countries and has implemented successfully projects in more than 30 countries and focuses on consulting, planning, implementing and continuously improving intralogistics solutions for various industries.
Viastore Systems with North American headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI has engaged us in the search of two ambitious Solutions Development Engineers to strengthen the Solutions Development department, which is the backbone of the U.S. business development / sales team, and to achieve the company’s significant growth plan. The positions are an excellent opportunity to utilize your engineering skills by analyzing data sets to identify pain points and to develop a customer solution in the most cost-effective way. You will further be responsible for the engineering portion, creating drawings, calculating costs and developing a proposal which you will finally present to the customer in conjunction with the Sales department. Furthermore, your project management skills will be vital for managing and understanding all aspects of various sized projects.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or similar)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in material handling or similar field
- Familiar with mini load and unit load cranes as well as with shuttle solutions and conveyors
- Familiar with AutoCAD 3D to create concepts
- Familiar with the Microsoft office suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Project management and analytical skills to derive appropriate conclusions
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Loyal and dependable
- MS Access is a plus (data analysis, SQL)