- Location: Remote (Germany and/or USA)
- Focus on Software Development
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- Extensive development experience with Progress OpenEdge
- Experience with ERP systems like proALPHA
Our client Vogelsang USA in Ravenna, OH, builds, distributes and services pumps and grinders for the North American Market. This privately owned company is headquartered in Essen, Germany and understanding the wishes of their customers, collaborative thinking and the continuous research and development of new ideas has been Vogelsang’s mindset since founded over 90 years ago. Vogelsang products are used in several different industries including Wastewater, Agriculture, Biogas, Food Processing, Dewatering, Oil & Gas, Dewatering, Paper and many more.
The software engineer will be responsible for developing modifications to Vogelsang’s proALPHA ERP system using Progress OpenEdge. The new hire must have the ability to understand key business requirements and convert them into solution design; to achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plan; preparing and completing action plans; provide end user training and guidance when required; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
Your high-energy level, enthusiasm to participate a dynamic team who strives for excellence and your passion for software development as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Taking projects from initial concept through planning and implementation
- Proactively seek out and identifying needed system changes
- Develop modifications to our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software proALPHA using Progress OpenEdge
- Develop and maintain our interface between proALPHA ERP and Salesforce CRM
- Develop and maintain custom applications in Salesforce
- Creation of clear and concise documentation and supporting end users in the use of our ERP and Salesforce.com systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with an ERP system like proALPHA
- Development experience with Progress OpenEdge
- SQL database or relational database skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines. Must be proactive and motivated.