A crucial position for contributing to our client’s business growth by managing analytical chemistry, synthetic chemistry, development, and QA for a European based contract research, development and manufacturing service provider.
- Excellent Compensation
- Location – Cleveland OH area
- Pharma industry
- Reports to CEO
- International Work Environment
Our client, headquartered in the Cleveland OH area for their U.S. operations, is a privately owned European company with great international success! The company is a leader in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) production, using synthetic and biological processes for Generic market as well as in Contract Development and Manufacturing (CDMO). The vision of the company is to excel in supporting the customers and understanding even their hidden needs. The vision also includes to develop a dynamic and harmonic work environment since projects may start in one location but will require support from multiple branches.
In this role of Site Leader, you will have the unique chance to positively impact our client’s growth in the US market by supporting the progression of drug candidates and specialty materials through all phases of development, manufacture and commercialization. You will manage the following areas for a total of 40-45 people between direct and indirect reports: Analytical Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Development, and Quality Assurance. Your exceptional experience in industrial, program management, quality and regulatory experience will allow you to overcome complex chemistry challenges for API, specialty and performance chemicals, regulatory starting materials. On the synthetic chemistry side, you will also manage a team of chemists and engineers who have a broad range of small molecule expertise including diverse chemistries on both chiral and achiral molecules.
- Higher Education degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology or similar field required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in similar roles within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Pre-clinical phase knowledge is crucial.
- API/CDMO previous experience.
- Experience in high potency drugs production environment is a plus.
- Exceptional business acumen as well as people management skills.
- International experience is a big plus.
- Live or willing to relocate in the Cleveland OH area.
- No visa sponsorship is available for this position as well as relocation from outside the US.