Our client, Fiandre, is an Italian manufacturer of high range full-body porcelain tile. With a presence in over 100 countries and a beautiful showroom in Chicago, the company offers floors and coverings to a variety of industries: from the wellness to the residential, from the medical to the leisure and hospitality industries. Its commitment originates from 50 years’ history, during which quality, skill and innovation went hand in hand, bringing the company into a dominant market position. The company showcases trendy, high-end designs combined with innovative manufacturing technologies.
The Showroom Manager is an energetic, people-person, and polished individual with a passion and interest in design and a great sense of esthetics. He/she has a background in retail, sales or account management and experience in the tile/stone industry or similar design environments.
- Manages the Showroom’s activities including the promotion and sale of the porcelain tile and slab to interior designers, architects, developers, contractors and end-users.
- Manage multiple residential and commercial projects from start to finish (design consulting, quote, order, post-installation follow-up) in an extremely fast-paced and creative environment.
- Help identify new opportunities for growth within the A&D market
- Host monthly showroom events to increase Brand exposure.
- Schedule in-showroom meetings (presentations/lunches) with architects, designers, and developers to showcase new product lines that best suit their needs.
- Perform extensive research and analyses of target clients to increase number of showroom accounts.
- Ensure that the showroom is regularly stocked with all sets of merchandising and sample lines
- Communicates with customer service dept. to order replacement samples as needed.
- Display showroom merchandise, design vignettes, and execute general administrative tasks in showroom (filter calls/emails, appointment scheduling, mailing, maintaining sample inventory, ordering, and organizing supplies)
- Assist in day-to-day operations/organization of showroom such as labeling and pricing new inventory and showroom management tasks.
- Previous experience in a retail environment in the architectural, tile & stone, builder industries, or design, lighting, or furniture industries.
- Excellent customer service and follow up skills
- Must be a dynamic person, able to work in a fast-paced environment and with good presentation skills
- A self-starter with a team-oriented attitude
- Good computer skills (CRM and similar)
- Italian language proficiency is a plus
- Working hours; Mo-Fri 9Am-5Pm. Occasionally: evenings and Saturdays (events)