- Great at developing best-in-class service operations to support and scale a rapidly growing global manufacturer of construction equipment
- Obsessed with top-notch service and logistics…and ready to put your heart, soul & expertise into engcon’s mission of changing the world of digging. That’s what drives and motivates everyone at engcon!
- Thrilled about being part of a very cool northern Swedish company that’s leading the way globally in tilt rotators
Our client, engcon, is seeking a super savvy Service & Logistics Manager to join its rapidly expanding North American operations. The company has been growing 90% per year (!) on the North American market since they established their subsidiary in Hamden, CT, a few years ago. And the forecast looks very bright. The ideal candidate for this role will get a thrill from being part of engcon’s fast-paced business journey by bringing engcon’s service department to the next level while supporting the overall growth objectives. You will be joining a dynamic, innovative company that is the world-leading manufacturer of the tilt rotator—a “wrist” for excavators that allows the operator full flexibility (tilt and rotate), for their attachments or buckets. engcon’s system is revolutionizing the industry and offers outstanding profitability gains for owners and operators. Headquartered and founded in northern Sweden 30+ years ago, engcon has more than 300 employees and an annual turnover of more than $120million. This position is based at engcon’s North American HQ in Hamden, CT (greater New Haven area) and reports to the Director of Sales. For more information and inspiration visit https://youtu.be/IE5BhsxjXfQ and https://engcon.com
About the Role
As Service & Logistics Manager you will have full responsibility for engcon’ technical service and logistics department in Hamden, CT, serving customers all over North America You’ll be managing and strategically developing operations for inbound, outbound, and warehousing including all aspects of the business relationship between engcon and any 3PL partner. With your sound service and logistics background along with your contemporary leadership style we expect you to lead and implement best-in-class practices to optimize operations and empower overall team performance. You should be comfortable in a small, entrepreneurial environment where you will pro-actively participate in other business functions of the company as needed. Travel of up to 15% of the time is expected (mostly domestic, some international)
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the service and logistics department
- Support staff, Service technicians, Parts, and Warehouse staff
- Managing stock, purchasing, and forecasting
- Supervise the warehouse and warehouse staff
- Oversee warranty processes
Your Work Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Mgmt or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Min 5-10 years experience managing a and leading team of service technicians including recruiting & training
- Min 5 years experience in logistics and supply chain, warehousing, and 3PL
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel and IT applications relating to business operations including MS Office Suite
- Technical background/understanding of excavators
- Ability to analyze complex data
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, international company is a plus.
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- Leadership style: dynamic, driven, enthusiastic, articulate, and personable with an affinity for mentoring and coaching team members to realize their full potential
- High integrity, accuracy, and efficiency in developing best-in-class operations and a culture that results in best possible team performance
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross-functionally, internally as well as externally
- Analytical with an affinity to problem solving, negotiating and time-management.
- High energy, drive, and self-motivation
- Creative—not afraid of trying and learning new things and taking initiative
- Pragmatic—you get things done
- Hands-on, Can-do, Can-try approach
What We Offer is More than Just a Job
- An excellent team-focused work environment with visibility for your efforts along with professional growth opportunities.
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and a fast-growing international company.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.