Our client is a true global organization with close to 3,000 employees in over 100 countries. Four leading global brands serve over 40,000 customers in a variety of industries with engineering expertise, manufacturing capacity and service support. Solutions range from melting, dosing, molding, and surface preparation of metals.
Our client is searching for a Senior Quality Engineer who will report to the Manager Quality & Performance and is part of the Quality Department.
- The Senior Quality Engineer will maintain and administer the ISO9001 approval. To this end, the Senior Quality Engineer monitors that produced products meet quality standards and fulfills customer and internal requirements.
- The Sr. Quality Engineer manages the customer specific requirements and claims by controlling the internal process for identifying solutions, root causes and corrective actions. The Sr. Quality Engineer also participates in control of vendor claims, vendor audits and evaluations.
- To minimize quality costs the Sr. Quality Engineer ensures that procedures and processes are adhered to. If quality issues do get identified and raised, this role makes sure that customers are zero impacted by working towards expedient resolutions.
- The amount of travel required in this full-time role is 15-25%
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Champions continuous improvement through a Corrective and Preventive Action system, handling of complaints and analyzing key performance indicators.
- Creates periodic quality reports for management and acts as a delegate for Quality Manager when required.
- Ensures process focus horizontally through the customer supply chain to optimize the system.
- Provides leadership for the proper determination of quality and process related metrics.
- Develops a Lean Manufacturing based quality system providing tools and metrics for accountability.
- Ensures the quality of finished goods through physical inspection, check sheets, functional and operational/acceptance testing, and dimensional reviews.
- Ensures any open issues and action items identified during Acceptance Testing are addressed prior to teardown/shipment and delivery to the customer.
- Identifies root causes of problems in the production process and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with the goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects.
- Assists/performs initial first piece sample inspection and help facilitate final approval through interface with vendor purchasing and engineering.
- Initiates/approves Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and Lead Root Cause Analysis investigations.
- Provides initial investigation and coordinates process to closure with regards to Record Return Material Authorization (RMA) issues.
- Schedules, performs and reports on Internal and Supplier Audits.
- Interfaces with vendors and subcontractors to provide technical requirements and review acceptance criteria.
- Implements and utilizes Quality Tools such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (four-year college or university).
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in quality engineering/assurance in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Certificates & Licenses: Additional special quality education/training, such as Six Sigma, CQE and/or CQT certification.
- Experienced in maintaining and auditing an ISO9000 quality system.
- Recognized leader, problem solver and project manager in corrective action systems and Lean Manufacturing related tools.
- Experience with conventional inspection and measurement equipment, dimensional layouts and blueprints.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), FMEA, SPC, and CPI.
- Resourceful and communicative in finding solutions to various technical or business problems while remaining goal oriented and customer focused.
- Proven ability to lead diverse engineering disciplines related to process improvement using analytical and creative skills.