On behalf of our client, DSI DANTECH, we are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager who will be based their U.S. headquarter in Cincinnati, OH. This is an excellent career opportunity for a well-versed project manager with ample experience in managing the commercial site (post sale) of large-scale capital equipment projects, preferably in the food industry. The position is remote, ideally in Ohio or surrounding states.
DSI DANTECH, headquartered in Denmark, is a newly merged company and a global market leader in providing cryogenic, mechanical and plate technology for freezing, cooling, and heating applications in the food processing industry. There are currently 300 employees globally.
The company’s manufacturing facility and headquarter in the U.S. is located in Cincinnati, OH.
Company websites (a new website is to be launched end of January 2022):
In this position, you will report to the Director of PMO who is based in Denmark. The PMO is a newly established department, which will take on all commercial projects globally. You will be responsible for the planning, organizing, and controlling of large-scale projects for the U.S. The aim is to ensure that all projects are completed with high quality, to the best achievable budget, and with the customer in focus.
You will work closely with the customer and manage all internal project stakeholders (engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, procurement), mainly in Denmark, Singapore, and the U.S., to comply with deadlines, make requirement specifications, perform specific project procurements, and secure the right quality within budget. You will be responsible for ensuring that all customer and regulatory requirements and standards are complied with.
Total expected travel time is 20-30% primarily domestic but also some to Europe for onboarding and initial product training.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adapt to a structured process to take over the project from the sales department to ensure a high-quality delivery to the customer.
- Understand all aspects of scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, and customer/sub-contract relations, and the impact of each on commercial integrity
- Work with the customer and engineering to finalize the layout and develop and define the project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Stakeholder Management: Manage all aspects of a project and scope: Ordering, delivery, commissioning, and testing of installed equipment at the customer site.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise with customer’s approval as appropriate to meet challenging project deadlines, needs and requirements.
- Manage resources, make budgets, and time schedules and follow up. Keep customers informed about project status.
- Responsible for risk management, reporting and documentation of projects
- Be the project Liaison between the U.S. and Denmark.
- Competitive compensation package including bonus program.
- Benefits package to include Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match.
- Excellent career opportunity with an international growing company.
- Bachelor’s Engineering Degree or higher.
- Project Management certification, PMP or IPMA preferred.
- 7+ Year’s project management experience, ideally in capital equipment manufacturing
- Experience with capital equipment in the food industry is preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams. Be assertive.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly MS Project
- Self-starter, the ability to work independently, and excellent organizational skills.
- Must have good business acumen.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relations with both new and current customers.
- Be result-driven, mobile, flexible in the way of dealing with people of different cultures and levels within an organization.
- Be team-focused and take an active part in teamwork.
- Be willing to support and work with colleagues and other partners.
- Live up to the company’s values: Strong relationships, dedicated craftsmanship, and can-do-attitude.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of which some international travel, primarily for onboarding and training.