Our client, STIHL, is a world leader and global manufacturer of Outdoor Power Equipment and headquartered in Germany with manufacturing facilities around the globe. Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in Germany with the first electric chainsaw in 1926, the STIHL name has remained synonymous with outstanding innovations, high-quality products, and comprehensive service.
The U.S. headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA, STIHL Inc. has grown from 50 employees in 1974, assembling one model of chainsaw, to over 2,100 employees, working on our 150-acre campus, to assemble, produce, market, and support full range STIHL products. Today STIHL Inc. manufactures over 80 models of chainsaws and outdoor power equipment in our more than 1 million square feet of state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. STIHL is the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America sold exclusively through a network of more than 10,000 authorized local STIHL Dealers from coast to coast and exported from the U.S. to more than 80 countries worldwide.
STIHL has engaged us in the search for an energetic and detail-oriented Senior Manager Supply Chain for its North American Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.
In this compelling and exciting position, the Senior Manager Supply Chain will be responsible to manage and oversee overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of materials as well as all material planning requirements for all production areas.
Develops, implements, and manages material, product, and spare parts production scheduling, warehousing and inventory control, new product introduction, and sales operations. Makes recommendations to improve quality, productivity, and efficiency of operations. Coordinates and resolves challenges regarding existing and new products.
Your high-energy level, ability to motivate, enthusiasm to participate in a dynamic team that strives for excellence, and your passion for Outdoor Power Equipment as well as your eagerness to succeed are most valued.
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Establishes key elements of tactical and operational plans with a measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the sub-function. Focus is on short- to mid-term operational plans (e.g., 1-2 years). Develops new products, processes, standards, or operational plans in support of the job function strategy.
- Establishing and executing a strategic plan as related to series suppliers including evaluating series supplier capacity and identifying and resolving all current or potential issues that could affect STIHL production.
- Managing the outbound sales of all series parts to the founding company as well as all STIHL affiliates.
- Directing all analysis on all orders, reschedules, or cancellations of raw materials from suppliers, founding company, and STIHL affiliates based on material requirements in SAP using Material Requirement Planning (MRP). Further directs the monitoring of available capacities based on sales demands. Directs the efforts to work with internal teams to resolve capacity shortfalls.
- Generally manages the overall warehousing activities, such as receiving, order fulfillment, packing, shipping, etc. of STIHL in compliance with space availability, production output, order requirements, and business plans.
- Oversees the import and customs areas/related functions. Ensures that U.S. Custom regulations are properly applied and implements U.S. Custom initiatives including TCPAT and Self-Assessment Programs.
- Ensuring manufacturing operations have an adequate supply of materials to keep all production areas working, to meet spare parts requirements, and keep obsolete and excess material inventory levels at a minimum.
- Budgeting and managing all commercial issues related to sorting, rework, and chargeback of both purchased and in-house produced parts.
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience, including 3+ in team/department management.
- Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of MRP system; SAP applications preferred.