Our client, Lafayette Metal and Glass, a leading full-service architectural glass and metals solutions firm serving state-of-the-art corporate, retail and residential spaces in the Greater New York area since 1899. Clients include Google, Sachs Fifth Avenue, Puma, American Girl, and Amazon Book Store to name a few. The company, which is expanding rapidly, is seeking to add an ambitious Senior Estimator to its team. The ideal candidate will get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in the continued growth and success of Lafayette and the clients it serves. Built on diversity, integrity and professionalism Lafayette is shaping the future by fostering an open-minded culture that emphasizes teamwork and relationship building that empowers everyone to be their best.
Pre Award Estimating:
- Manage the estimating process for assigned RFP/RFQ.
- Receives RFP/RFQ and reviews requests for completeness. communicate with clients to obtain all necessary bid documents inclusive of revisions, alternates, bulletins and drawings remain current throughout the bidding process.
- Perform estimate itemized take off, inclusive of: labor breakouts, RFl’s submittals and responses and obtain necessary vendor pricing
- Assembles all necessary bid submittal documentation, inclusive of creation of formal proposal and bid package.
- Track and update status of active bid submissions; follow up on proposals submitted and perform revisions as requested.
- Communicate with clients throughout the bid process to ensure competitiveness and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure organization and completeness of all bid documents and correspondence throughout the bid process.
Post Award Estimating:
- Coordinate and hold project kick off meeting
- Coordinate with project management team on all change orders for assigned projects.
- Manage the change orders estimating process for assigned awarded projects.
- Assembles all necessary change orders, inclusive of estimate, and creation of change order proposal and any required supporting documentation.
- Communicate with clients and PM Team throughout the change order approval process.
- Minimum of 8-10 years recent experience in Exterior Architectural Metal & Glass commercial project estimating.
- Experience must include detailed estimate takeoffs, inclusive of labor & material unit price breakouts.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, structural drawings, shop drawings and ability to understand installation requirements and architectural intent
- Understand that part of the estimating position involves selling the estimate to the client. Therefore, candidate must be able to develop relationships with clients and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Self-Starter, with strong technical, communication and organizational skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive applications necessary
What We Offer You
- An excellent and fun team-focused work environment with huge visibility for your efforts along with personal development
- An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast-growing company
- A competitive salary plus performance-based bonus system
- Excellent health care benefits and 401 K Plan