About this vacancy
On behalf of one of our international clients, YER USA is currently searching for a full-time, self-driven and passionate Applications Engineer for the headquarters in Norcross, GA.
The Sr. Application Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager, will manage multiple engines only, prototype installation, customer value-add, and/or power pack development projects. This role is key for managing larger OEMs, development projects, and/or new platform introduction. Our client offers an excellent remuneration package, the opportunity to work remote partially and room for career growth within the company.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of the customer requirements and development of customer specific system solutions.
- Clarification of content, planning, alignment, adequate documentation, evaluation, and approval of customer projects including conducting the application installation reviews of the engine and exhaust after treatment system.
- Alignment on installation sign-off documentation with headquarters in Germany.
- Verification and Validation (V&V) during value-add project development: Development of V&V Plans, performing measurements related to V&V and monitoring validation at customer.
- Improvement assistance related to engineering laboratory, test bench, telemetry, and other measurement duties.
- Close collaboration with design engineering to review project designs and ensure customer needs are met during the development process.
- Mentoring and coaching team members across the organization in the development of a more efficient and aligned engineering approach.
- Continuous driver for engineering update and alignment process between headquarters and subsidiaries in the Americas.
- Work with technical service to help determine complicated field issues.
- Participate as trainer in application engineering classes held for distributors and service centers.
- BS Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Electrical)
- 5+ Years of development or applications experience around compression ignition (CI) or spark ignition (SI) engines, Off-road equipment, or On-highway vehicles
- Proficient in 3D Analysis
- Complete understanding of emissions control systems on CI and/or SI engines
- Expert in reviewing/troubleshooting electrical systems
- Calibration or INCA Experience
- Knowledge of Pump Applications
- Excellent communication skills in writing and dialogue
- Interpersonal style must be suited for collaboration within small and large group settings
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by all transportation modes for business
- German knowledge would be beneficial
- Familiar with engine service diagnostic tools
- Knowledge of CAN Bus communication J1939 protocol
- Hybrid and/or EV Experience
- HMI expert level