On behalf of our international client, we are currently searching for an experienced Senior Accounting Manager. Founded in the 1980’s, and still operating as a family owned entity, our client has grown to become the world’s leading family owned producer in his segment. Our client is currently operating in 30 countries worldwide, utilizing private label arrangements and local distribution. To facilitate global demand, our client produces its products in two facilities in Europe.
In 2014, our client opened their U.S. sales office in Atlanta, GA and due to its continued growth, our client is investing in a production facility in the region. To support the expansion plans, our client is looking to add an experienced Senior Accounting Manager to its Atlanta team.
The Senior Accounting Manager will have a multi-faceted role within the organization. As a member of the management team, the Senior Accounting Manager will take the lead in Finance, HR, Sales Support, and will be directly involved in supporting the formation of the U.S. production facility. The Senior Accounting Manager needs to possess strong intercultural skills as constant coordination and reporting to Europe is of utmost importance. This position is a “linch pin” in the organization.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, motivate, and manage a team of 4 direct reports (finance, logistics, and sales support).
- Responsible for working collaboratively with other managers, peers, government contracts, and European headquarter for the establishment and administration of policies and procedures.
- Supports procedures in place for compliance with federal, state, third-party, and other accounting reports ensuring compliance with GAAP, SOX, IRS, and all other regulatory agencies.
- Work closely with sales leadership to provide analysis and reporting in order to support the sales effort in the U.S. Market.
- Supports programs which foster a talent development process to attract, develop, retain and advance a diverse pool of employees to support the strategic business goals of the organization of 25 employees at the present time.
- Responsible for negotiation and administration of general liability and workers compensation insurance including annual audits by regulatory authorities.
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Oversees payroll and handles payroll related functions.
- Supervises Accounts Payable/Payroll Administrator and Staff Accountant.
- Inter-company Reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end Binder.
- Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports organization’s finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Relies on judgment and limited experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Will prepare journal entries, checks and review account statements, sales tax returns, property tax returns, reconcile bank statements, account analysis and assisting with auditing.
- Assist with month-end and fiscal year-end close
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Responsible for rebate analysis and balancing account.
- Responsible for reconciling and correcting general ledger accounts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or major experience in this field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an accounting role.
- Must be proficient in MS Word & Excel, Lotus Notes, SAP, and ADP.
- Ability to prepare charts, tables and management reports in Excel.
- Familiarity with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Leadership skills – must have the experience to lead and oversee multiple employees.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.