Our client is solely owned subsidiary of a large global leading manufacturing company. Our client with its headquarters in the Cincinnati/Columbus, OH area operates more than seven locations across the United States, as well as sales and service sites/entities in Europe. With more than 30 years in the market, our client has established themselves as a leading global producer within their industry.
The company employs approx. 200 employees, both in Sales/Service, Manufacturing, Engineering and Finance/Accounting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic Accountant/Senior Accountant to become part of an international environment. The Finance and Accounting team is moving towards becoming a true business driven function, and you will play a vital part of this journey.
As the Senior Accountant, you will play a central role in strengthening the Finance and Accounting function and setup and ensure that monthly and annual closings and reports follow Global Accounting Standards. The ideal candidates will have a competitive spirit and get a thrill from taking pro-active initiatives towards the further success and growth of our client.
Main responsibilities include:
• Monthly Closings and Reports for the two foreign entities (in Europe), incl. review of all information that is processed locally.
• Reconciliations for the Manufacturing/Service entity, which includes journal entries for capital items, cost allocations for engineers, tool makers etc.
• Maintain Credit Card Account – review and entry of general ledger for credit card purchases of all locations
• Invoicing and reconciliation of all three entities
• Weekly sales report to the President.
• Sales Tax Reporting
• Various analysis of Financial Data to improve business performance.
• Payroll hours – entry for total company, track and maintain records for benefit hours.
• Employee Relations and provide various information to all employees.
You will work together in a smaller team of three individuals which requires a good mix of strategic and tactical thinking as well as operational execution. The role will report directly to the Finance Director.
Advancement opportunities: For the right candidate, the intention is to advance as the successor of the current Finance Director.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
• BA in Accounting
• Minor in Human Resources preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an Accounting function, preferably in an international environment.
• Strong demonstrated business acumen
• Excellent skills in MS Excel, Above Proficient in other MS Office 365 applications.
• Strong attention to details, and a drive-towards and taking the initiative attitude
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, and ambitious with a desire to learn, grow, develop and excel.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in the English language is a must. Understanding of and some experience with the German language is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work and communicate in a team-oriented environment that allows for collaboration to maximize results.
Compensation & Benefits
Our client offers an international team environment where you will have the opportunity to advance your career and be part of a great international manufacturing/service company.
• Attractive base salary
• Excellent Health Care Benefits
• Generous Vacation and Holidays
• Excellent 401K Plan
• Continuous training and education opportunities