A key position to contribute to our client market expansion in the premium porcelain and wall tiles industry with application in residential, commercial and public architecture.
Our client is a well-reputed Italian company with a branch in the Nashville, TN area. For 50 years, our client has been remarkably growing and, besides the US, the group is currently present all over Europe, China, and Russia. The North American region being one of the main markets for the company, the Nashville TN branch also has a manufacturing plant. Besides being one of the top companies in the ceramic tile industry, our client is a true innovator in terms of technology and style, providing architects, interior designers, and customers with the best ceramic solutions and ensuring that both aesthetic function and technical performance exceed the market expectations.
The person in this role will have the chance to positively impact the business development and management of existing customers in an area that is considered full of potential for our client. You will have all the necessary support to focus on commercial projects in the Northeast region and expand the company sales mainly with developers and general contractors (80%), but also with architecture (20%). The ideal candidate will be based in Nashville TN with the potential option to relocate to the North East after business will reach the critical mass. The ideal candidate also has exceptional self-starting skills as well as ambition along with a willingness to continuously learn from the leaders in the company. Business development will be initially predominant for this role.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reaching business targets in terms of projects developed and supplied in collaboration with large developers, hospitality companies, A&D firms, contractors, etc.
- Introducing newly launched collections to customers and prospective clients/projects.
- Knowing top projects taking place in the assigned area and which large companies are in charge of those projects.
- Providing technical training to clients by working with internal engineering departments as well as external complimenting businesses.
- AS or BS degree from an accredited university is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in business developing a territory in a multinational company or main US company operating in industries such as building materials, furniture, insulation, drainage, glues/fillers/cement, carpet, fabrics for decoration, raised floors, plumbing/sanitary, lighting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple accounts at the same time with excellent time management skills.
- Great team attitude skills are required.
- Must have proficient knowledge of applications including word processing, spreadsheets, & presentation software.
- Ability to use CRM and submit periodic reports on results’ achievement.
- Proactivity, as well as humility and work ethics, are excellent soft skills.