On behalf of our client, VECOPLAN, we are currently seeking a Sales Manager for their Primary Wood & Biomass business segment for different regions in the U.S. This is an excellent career opportunity for a motivated high achiever with a track record of sales growth in their region. Experience in selling capital equipment, tooling, components, or goods & services to the primary wood industry is a must (Saw mills, lumber, plywood, pulp, paper and other wood products using roundwood logs as a raw material). You will cover a large multi-state region and therefore you must be a road warrior and hunter, as well as a self-starter who is used to work independently. This is a remote position and expected travel time is between 40 and 60%, depending on your location. Location can be in NC, Pacific Northwest, or Southeast.
VECOPLAN is an industrial pioneer in the development of shredding and recycling technologies for the plastics, wood, paper, and waste industries. The company holds several patents in this industry and was founded over 40 years ago in Germany. In 2000 the company opened its US office in the Greensboro, NC area and has grown consistently over the years. Company website: https://vecoplan.com/
In this role, you will be a key part of the US Sales Team covering a large multi-state region.
You will thrive off acquiring new business and servicing/growing existing Accounts. By using a consultative sales style, you will provide prospects and existing customer with applicable solutions and keep them up to date on new industry trends. Reporting to the VP of Sales, you will lead revenue growth in a primarily Direct Sales Channel using a variety of methods to acquire new business. The opportunity for growth within this fast-growing environment is very evident. Besides working closely with the VP of Sales, you will also work closely with the peer sales manager in the region, as well as the product manager and other colleagues at the office in Ontario, CA, or Greensboro, NC, depending on your location.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong business relationship with current customers in assigned areas to generate new sales of the company’s product lines.
- Prospect new customers in the assigned areas who do not have experience with the company’s product lines to increase market share.
- Stay in touch with developments in the assigned areas to stay aware of any planned expansion by the existing and newly formed customers that will need equipment to facilitate the expansion.
- Visit the customers within the assigned area to collect the required information to submit to VPS/Headquarters to prepare the quotations for the product lines to be submitted to the customer.
- Review all quotations with the customers and negotiate the price and terms of the potential sale with guidance from the VPS/Headquarters.
- Stay abreast of all competitor activity within the assigned area and report the information back to the VPS/Headquarters.
- Assist in the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Research trends and technical developments through related publications and training sessions to maintain current knowledge of trends and developments that will impact the company’s ability to sell their products to a changing environment.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of the Group product lines as well as the customer’s application process.
- Participate in trade shows, industry trade meetings, and other sessions as required.
- Maintain up-to-date records in the CRM system.
- Contribute to the development of the sales and cost budget for your territory.
- Competitive compensation package, base salary plus commissions, as well as excellent benefits.
- Great career growth opportunity with a growing international company.
- 2-4 weeks product training at the company’s headquarter in NC plus on the job training/peer shadowing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant sales experience in a large region/territory.
- Experience selling capital equipment, tools, components, or goods and service to the primary wood industry and markets is a must.
- Self-starter, go-getter, sales hunter, thrives by working independently.
- Proactive behavior, taking initiative, and seeking continuous improvement.
- Experience utilizing a CRM, preferable MS Dynamics.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship building skills.
- Proficient computer skills (MS office suite)
- Used to/ability to travel 40-60%, primarily within the region.
Compensation: 100-120k plus commissions