My client, WaldrichSiegen and UnionChemnitz, members of the HerkulesGroup look back on more than 175 years of experience in the production of heavy-duty machine tools with global headquarters in Siegen, Germany.
HerkulesGroup is a family-owned German company and with its dedicated and highly-skilled 1,800 employees world-wide specialized in the development and production of innovative heavy-duty machine tools in the areas of milling, boring, turning, grinding and texturing.
The WaldrichSiegen and UnionChemnitz names stand for quality, reliability, exceptional communication and partnership. Their state-of-the-art machine tools are based on their passion for German engineering and craftsmanship. This philosophy is constantly demonstrated by their team in all stages over the life of the products, from engineering, production, application and support. They strive to work together to achieve something extraordinary and build a relationship of mutual trust with their customers in a spirit of partnership.
The North American sales and production site is located in Ford City, PA.
In this position, as Senior Sales Manager/Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to initiate and execute outstanding sales activities, in particular horizontal milling and portal milling machines, within the entire North American sales territory. This is a chance to further develop your sales skills, while using your technical expertise by managing, coordinating and being responsible for long-term complex sales projects of heavy-duty machine tools. Your familiarity in machine tool building and capital equipment sales further augment your competencies. Your responsibilities will range from first customer contact, conceptual project work and contract negotiations to conclusion of an order to manage and coordinate the development of the entire U.S. sales territory while working closely with the German and U.S. leadership.
With your sound technical background, strong business acumen and above all a strong desire to succeed, you navigate well in high-level technical capital equipment sales settings and understand the particular needs and translate them into actionable business opportunities.
Your high-energy level, flexibility, entrepreneurial drive, professionalism, and team-spirit make you want to further assist WaldrichSiegen and UnionChemnitz in gaining U.S. market share. In this role, you will report directly to the President of Sales & Marketing in Germany.
- Competitive salary and year-end bonus potential
- Excellent health & insurance benefits
- 401k with match
- Car allowance
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering / Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in technical sales and high-end machine tools or capital equipment.
- Good understanding of machine tool building.
- Develop and implement sales action plans.
- Strong experience in sales of sophisticated capital goods.
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills.
- Self-starting and self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient PC skills (MS Office suite).
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating and time-management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (50-70%).
- Strong track record in driving and delivering results.
- Proactive behavior, ‘hunter’ sales acumen, taking initiative.
- Comfortable in an international environment.
- Personable with strong presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic – team player.
- Loyal and dependable.