About Pollmann International:
For the last 130 years this globally operating Austrian injection/insert molding powerhouse has been successful in the intelligent combination of metal, plastic and electronics into highly complex mechanical and mechatronic components and subassemblies for the automotive industry worldwide. Examples are transmission cases for automotive locks and locking systems for convertible tops, sunroof kinetics, connecting units for gasoline pumps, function-integrated housing for door latch systems, and hood and tailgate locks. Their client list is made up of the who is who in the automotive OEM and Tier 1 markets around the globe. For an in-depth look at the company please visit: www.pollmann.at
Under the leadership and strategic direction of the senior Management team and at arm’s length with the Austrian Head Office, the North America organization, headquartered in Romeoville, IL, is looking for a highly skilled “Sales Engineer– Injection/Insert Molding”. This key position is an immediate opening and ideally based out of the Romeoville, IL North America Headquarter but in-market home office is a possibility for the right candidate.
About this vacancy:
As part of the North American management team your contribution will be instrumental in maintaining and expanding Pollmann North America’s client base and sales. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and will be in close contact with various sales, key account and engineering functions at the local and Austrian head offices. Ideally you will bring technical expertise in injection molding and mechatronics combined with in-depth experience and understanding of long and complex sales cycles in the automotive and other industries. It is essential that you have experience in coordinating complex OEM – supplier validation processes and requirements. Your outstanding sales and business development skills and track record of securing new business and managing the entire sales cycle will set you on a path of great opportunity in this global organization. You will also be tasked to also sell beyond the automotive sector into new industries, segments and geographies. There will be dedicated time spent at the Romeoville, IL office but most of the time you will be travelling to customers and prospects.
You will be a good fit for this position if, aside from the professional qualification, you are comfortable in a culturally diverse organization with European mindset. A good cultural understanding and adaptability as well as prior experience working for international, ideally German speaking, organizations would be a great asset. Flat hierarchies throughout the organization mean that you have to possess a high degree of self-management but also a clear focus on collaboration and teamwork across the entire organization and across all departments.
- Immediately take control of existing customers, ongoing projects and relationship management
- Coordinate all sales and technical projects with corporate key account managers in Europe
- Identify potential customers, products and applications according to the strategic sales plan
- Organize and conduct technical presentation at customer locations and win new business
- Build strong relationships with existing and potential customers throughout the entire organization
- Negotiate and verify product pricing and contract terms
- Prepare documentation, calculations and quotes for products and services including cost analysis detailing material, labor and implementation cost together with your quote support associate
- Manage/coordinate quality management processes and documents as assigned
- Analyze/prepare sales forecast numbers for strategic sales approach and budget
- Oversees programs with respect to commercial activities; maintains sales prices.
- Coordinates and/or participates in feasibility studies.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Technical education at Bachelor level or equivalent work experience
- Technical sales experience into automotive Tier 1 and/or OEM is expected
- Successful track record of finding, winning and closing new business accounts is expected
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills are expected
- Knowledge of automotive quality standards, quality core tools and business practices required
- Knowledge of quotation tools and processes is expected
- Knowledge of injection molding, tool and die and plastics processing is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management tools and processes is essential.
- Basic knowledge of CAD software preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used contracts and warranty expectations is preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively to customers and prospects
Remuneration & Benefits
- Attractive base salary and bonus.
- Benefits package (Health/Dental/Vision/401k).
- Paid Time off Benefits.
- Company car or car allowance.